Honored Contributor

I don't have a lot of Temptations, but I bought this SET and love it. It matches the colors in my sunroom, and is perfect for summer. I don't mind hand washing and not putting it in the microwave. I'm more concerned with carrying it out there - or outside - and not having to worry about it dropping and breaking. It looks so nice on the table too! The new set by Mark Charles is really pretty. If I didn't have those, I would definitely get one or two of these. I like the meanings behind the design of them! Smile

Regular Contributor
On 6/1/2014 mominohio said:

There is no melamine that can go in the microwave. When they get that down, it will be something!

I loved the new sets. I think they are so beautiful, and I want some, but cannot justify another set of melamine. I wish these had come out before the Temp-tations did, as I'd have picked MCM's. I purchased the TT version because it coordinated with all my bake and serve ware, but I don't really care for the quality of it at all. I've seen much better stuff for a fraction of the price in discount stores. I was looking for something to match/coordinate with what I have, is the only reason I bought it.

I think the MCM colors would compliment lots of TT colors, and I hope it goes to clearance or free shipping with all colors left, then I might get some sets of the dinnerware.

I did order the set of three bowls with the lids. They don't look really big, but I use lots of those kinds of bowls, especially this time of year.

mominohio - I was thinking that very same thing. If I'd have seen these first, I wouldn't have gotten the TT. These seem to have a more "elegant" look to them although they are melamine. I told my hubby that I bet people will eventually be drawn to these as the warmer months continue to come, bc I heard Lisa Gleason say last week during a TT presentation that there won't be anymore melamine this year. I was surprised bc I thought surely Tara would want to come out w/a set that included all of those new brighter colors, but I guess not. I was hoping she'd come out w/a new Floral Lace melamine set bc I like that pattern a lot better than OW. But now that I know there supposedly won't be any new melamine pieces at all this year, I may try MCM's. I'm still on the fence about it. I'm glad the big set are on easy pay, but I wish he would have included those combination goblets/tumblers as part of the set. Having to drop the extra for those is {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}.

Respected Contributor
On 6/1/2014 chickenbutt said:

I like MCM, but I found these items, well, aesthetically unappealing. I hope those who purchased them are very pleased.

It's interesting how Melmac has made a comeback, though, let's face it. When I was growing up, a poor kid, we were the only ones who used Melmac dishes. Smiley Happy

I didn't think they were too bad, It's everywhere. That's why I really don't like fiesta it reminds me of the melmac my husband and I started out with.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor
On 6/1/2014 Bandwife said:
On 6/1/2014 mominohio said:

There is no melamine that can go in the microwave. When they get that down, it will be something!

I loved the new sets. I think they are so beautiful, and I want some, but cannot justify another set of melamine. I wish these had come out before the Temp-tations did, as I'd have picked MCM's. I purchased the TT version because it coordinated with all my bake and serve ware, but I don't really care for the quality of it at all. I've seen much better stuff for a fraction of the price in discount stores. I was looking for something to match/coordinate with what I have, is the only reason I bought it.

I think the MCM colors would compliment lots of TT colors, and I hope it goes to clearance or free shipping with all colors left, then I might get some sets of the dinnerware.

I did order the set of three bowls with the lids. They don't look really big, but I use lots of those kinds of bowls, especially this time of year.

mominohio - I was thinking that very same thing. If I'd have seen these first, I wouldn't have gotten the TT. These seem to have a more "elegant" look to them although they are melamine. I told my hubby that I bet people will eventually be drawn to these as the warmer months continue to come, bc I heard Lisa Gleason say last week during a TT presentation that there won't be anymore melamine this year. I was surprised bc I thought surely Tara would want to come out w/a set that included all of those new brighter colors, but I guess not. I was hoping she'd come out w/a new Floral Lace melamine set bc I like that pattern a lot better than OW. But now that I know there supposedly won't be any new melamine pieces at all this year, I may try MCM's. I'm still on the fence about it. I'm glad the big set are on easy pay, but I wish he would have included those combination goblets/tumblers as part of the set. Having to drop the extra for those is {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}.

I put two sets of these in my cart, as that is something I often do because when the TOTAL price with shipping and tax hit me, I see what a deal it isn't. It came to almost $100 (by the way, the second set didn't come up as free shipping like they stated in the presentation) and as much as I like them, that is just way too much for plastic dishes.

Many of MCM and Prepology items go to clearance rather quickly, and I hope they will be reduced in some way so I can consider them later. I loved the whole goblet/tumbler combo, really smart, but I thought for the price, they could have been included with the dishes as well.