Honored Contributor

items FLEW out the door ! I had just got home when they were doing the skillets and thinking about the 10 in. BAM ! gone, so, I checked out whatever else he may have and could had gotten the 9x13 pan, but, don't really need it.

I got a 10 in. skillet that's half cast iron and half aluminum that I love. Got at Walmart think it's a Waring. Didn't really need this one, but, thought I might order it. Course, it's available on waitlist I may still order it.

Looks like he's off on a right foot with taking a older concept and converting it to more modern easier to use and clean item.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  What's better about than a Lodge skillet???

Respected Contributor

I'll stick with Lodge.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE  What's better about than a Lodge skillet???

@Sooner

It has a nonstick coating.  It's not that white coating you often see as coated cast iron.  That's supposedly nonstick too, but my husband has two of those and eggs stick in them for sure.  

I, too, will stick with my traditional cast iron.  I don't know if it is Lodge or not, but I have had it for years and have only had to reseason it once.

Honored Contributor

To heavy and hard to clean and have to season. I'm open to a new twist on an old concept.

Glad we all have a choice nowdays !

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

To heavy and hard to clean and have to season. I'm open to a new twist on an old concept.

Glad we all have a choice nowdays !

Agree.  And the way I cook -- I NEED non-stick!

Honored Contributor

LOL

Honored Contributor

@judy0330, a properly seasoned cast iron skillet should be nonstick.  The one he was demo-ing with did not look to be properly seasoned.  It was all blotchy.  But, I have never tried cooking eggs in mine.  Maybe I should.  Cornbread comes out clean though.

I know stainless steel is also nonstick if you know how to cook in it, but I obviously don't know how so most of the rest of my collection is nonstick.  I really like the Curtis Stone pan.  Everything else I have tried of the newer super duper nothing sticks to it stuff ends up sticking sooner or later.  Besides the Curtis Stone, I have hard anodized that is still going strong years later.  I only wore out the large pan which is what I bought the CS for.  Probably using too high heat.

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess  Thanks!  I love Curtis Stone's pots and pans as well.  I think I have everything he has ever made!  I figured I would try the Zakarian pan and if I don't like it I will return it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess - The whole point of the nonstick cast iron is that it doesn't have to be seasoned; the interior of the pans Geoffrey Zakarian was presenting is different from that of a standard cast iron pan, so it is not surprising that it looks different. (In fact, the appearance of many items the Q presents varies in person from what is shown on TV due to the number and brightness of the studio lights.)