Trusted Contributor
Never ordered spices online..from ..Penzey's,Spice Island to name a few. Are they really superior to those you buy in the grocery store? Any and all comments appreciated. Thx!
Honored Contributor

I love Penzey's!

I would start with some sort of gift box, if you haven't tried them before.

Super Contributor

Try here too!

Savory Spice Shop

Trusted Contributor

LOVE Penzey's. The spices I've received have always had just a bit more punch than the ones from the grocery. The Penzey's herbs always look greener to me and are closer to fresh, IMO. Don't hesitate.

Respected Contributor
I've been ordering from Penzey's for years and their spices are excellent. I was thrilled when a Penzey's retail store opened in the Boston area which isn't too far from me, so I visit there frequently. IMO, there's no comparison between their spices and what you find at the grocery store. I second another poster's recommendation to try a gift box. You'll get a nice assortment with a few spices to try.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I order my spices from My Spice Sage. You can order quantities and shipping is free.

Honored Contributor

Penzey's is great. They always send a random jar or two of one of their blends with my orders.

Trusted Contributor
Thanks for the opinions. Decided to give a Penzey gift box a try. Looking forward to getting it!
Esteemed Contributor

I also love Penzey's. I suggest you call them for a catalog and go from there.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Another vote for Penzey's! I ordered for the first time based on recommendations on this board and was surprised at how much better they are than supermarket spices. I also ordered a gift box for Christmas for a friend who loves to cook and she loved it.