Valued Contributor

I am not a good cook, so here's my question...

Is there ever a time where eggs would be used in fudge? I'm trying to figure out things for Valentine's day and I don't want to goof this up. TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: I am not a good cook, so here's my question...

I've never seen or used a fudge recipe that included eggs but there may be some. There are a lot of fudge recipes online at various sites. If you are more of a beginner cook then try one of the easier ones first (one that doesn't require the use of a candy thermometer).

Honored Contributor

Ditto as Scotnovel...have never made nor seen a recipe for fudge with eggs. There very well could be...just never seen it myself.

I don't care much for fudge myself but The Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk Fudge Recipe is pretty easy and reliable.

Honored Contributor

I don't think so!

Valued Contributor

Thanks ladies, (I'm assuming) lol anyway I have a hand written recipe that calls for 1 egg, but in the directions for the fudge it says, add the eggs. So it has me confused, I guess I'll find a different recipe for chocolate fudge then. Thanks again. I can't stand cooking of any kind. I s u c k at it.

Respected Contributor

Fudge For One

1/3 cup sugar
1 heaping tablespoon cocoa
1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons milk
1 scant tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix sugar, cocoa and milk in 1 quart glass measuring cup. Microwave on high 1 minute.
Stir down sides of cup and microwave 40 seconds more. Add butter and vanilla.
Beat with a spoon until thick, put it on a plate and let it set up. Cut into squares and enjoy!!
I just made a batch, really easy and good!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Never heard of eggs in fudge. There are lots of fudge recipes over on recipe swap. Just search fudge in the recipe swap forum. Here is a link to a few fudge & other candy recipes. Good Luck with your Valentine's Day dinner/goodies. http://community.qvc.com/forums/recipe/topic/223531/christmas-candy-recipe-exchange.aspx

Respected Contributor

This makes the old fashioned grainy fudge. A lady back home made this fudge and use to sell it at a local festival. I asked for the recipe, but she never would share it. Guess what her mother put the recipe in the town cookbook. Now you and I have it!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy It is my favorite fudge.

Chocolate Fudge

6 c granulated sugar

1 1/2 c Hershey's Cocoa

1 1/3 sticks butter

1 large can evaporated milk

1/2 c whole milk

2 t vanilla

Lightly butter a 9 by 13 inch pan and set aside. Mix all ingredients in a 6 qt saucepan. Cook on from low to medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and beat rapidly for several minutes with a spoon. Fold in 1 cup chopped nuts and pour into the prepared pan. Cut fudge in squares while still warm. After fudge has cooled, store in a covered container.