Respected Contributor

I would call a local bakery in that city/state and have them deliver it, that

way YOU KNOW it will get there and know it's fresh.

If you rely on some company, you are at the mercy of the shipping company like ie. Fed X and you'll be worrying it won't get there on time.

Just a thought.

Google the city/look up bakeries and call.

Its not to get something fresh vs sending a frozen cake and you can personalize it too.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for the Kiffle Kitchen in Bath, PA.

Order them from Q but order direct all year long.  Fast shipping too.

VERY fresh and I also like the idea of single pastries instead of a cake to easily serve.

Just platter them and let the family/guests help themselves.  No mess.

They also freeze well if there are leftovers...but they taste JUST as good cold and frozen...so mine never last long in there either.

Honored Contributor

River Street Sweets has a 3 set of loaf size cakes with top icing.  They are made in small batches, one at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

I recommend a local bakery as well. Whenever I need to send flowers or anything bakery related out of town, I always order it from a florist or bakery in that town/city. I'm assured of fresh and on-time delivery, and it's never failed.

Esteemed Contributor

@soonersis - I would also recommend trying a local bakery if possible. Can you share the city or area where the cake will be delivered? Perhaps one of our forum friends lives in the region and can make a personal recommendation so you don't have to just rely on what you can track down online...

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely Junior's

Valued Contributor

I use Collin Street Bakery. THey are a world renowned fruitcake company but they do have some other things also. Hands down the best products out there.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

I've used Wolferman's many times.  Haven't sent a cake such as a carrot cake but have sent loaf cakes along with other things with it.  

Valued Contributor
I would NEVER recommend or knowingly eat anything from Kiffle Kitchen in PA. I live close enough to know people who worked their part time (a teenager & an adult) & things I heard would turn your stomach. No thank you! Maybe things have changed since this was maybe 5 years ago I knew them & heard this, but maybe not!? I'm not taking the chance!
Valued Contributor
I second finding a local bakery in that area. Check online reviews to see what has a history of being fresh & good! They'll most likely deliver in your time frame too!