Trusted Contributor
I stopped watching their show long before it went off air because I got tired of it, but I do like both Chip & Joanna. Have been to their Magnolia shop in Waco a few times and have some pieces that I really like. My visits were before it became a tourist trap like it is now. Never ate at their restaurant although did visit the bakery they have/had next door to the shop - had a cupcake. Chip can be a bit much sometimes, but he just seems like a fun guy to me I like him....hate the long hair though.
Honored Contributor

Re: Magnolia Brand

[ Edited ]

Sounds like another Martha Stewart to me.  I wonder how long it will be before QVC comes calling?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised she doesn't have a clothing line by now. If I never hear the term shiplap it will be too soon. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Magnolia Brand

[ Edited ]
@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't care for either of them or their products or productions and avoid anything to do with them. 

I'm pretty much right there with you.  I don't mind her so much but he is silly, dirty looking and just unappealing in every way.  SO, I don't buy their stuff nor will be watching their shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

I loved their show the first couple of year's but  quickly grew tired of it.  I couldn't take Chip's antics and Joanna is a one-trick pony when it comes to design.  She's very good at it but it's just not what I look for in home decor.  I never even look at their stuff at Target because I know it's not for me.  I'm also not into overpriced biscuits and cookies, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

He's so juvenile.

He's obnoxious and from seeing the trailers for her channel/show on Discovery+, she's not far behind in that category.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I loved their show the first couple of year's but  quickly grew tired of it.  I couldn't take Chip's antics and Joanna is a one-trick pony when it comes to design.  She's very good at it but it's just not what I look for in home decor.  I never even look at their stuff at Target because I know it's not for me.  I'm also not into overpriced biscuits and cookies, etc.

@shoptilyadropagain, I became weary of seeing the same type of wall clock in every house. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain, I became weary of seeing the same type of wall clock in every house. :-)

@suzyQ3 Yes, that, the shiplap and those large Initial letters.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Never cared for them when I saw them on HGTV I think it was. Chip got on my nerves from the beginning and the eating of the roach put an end to them for me.

@proudlyfromNJ 

I don't watch them, but I have to ask - who ate a roach and why?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

They've built themselves up to be very successful - and make money! That's what we have the opportunity to do in this country! I dont care one way or the other since I don't follow them, but it doesn't bother me at all that they have a very successful business.