Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure I've never had a macaron.   I've really never been curious, TBH.   But I love love love coconut, so the other one w/b right up my alley.

I eat coconut pretty much every day, whether it's one of my coconut almod KIND bars or some cookies I usually have on hand that are coconut pecan.  I have some other coconut foods (mostly junk stuff that I love).   It's just one of the things for me, like cheese, that I would be very happy to eat every single day.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I totally agree; worst cookie ever!   As a little girl I learned to be wary of a cookie offered by Mamaw or Papaw until I saw it, as they loved fig newtons and it was usually the only cookie in the house.  

I never learned to like fig newtons, but have eaten fig jam, so my problem with them is actually with the cookie part.  

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop @Sooner 

Add me to 'don't like fig newtons' list.  I love fresh figs, however.  Wish they had a longer season of availability.

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze @RedTop I love pork roasts either baked with or filled with figs, plums, prunes, mushrooms and herbs, etc.  Butterfly a pork roast, fill it a fruit stuffing and wow is that good.  Use a little of the drippings in a gravy/sauce.

It was my favorite thing to make for a crowd!

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of the Fig Newton, though I stay away from cookies in general these days. When my kids were little, Newtons came in several varieties like apple and strawberry. My children really enjoyed those.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I have been making macaroons by request for many years. I make them for baby showers,wedding showers, parties, etc. Finally tweaked by recipe enough that it's what everyone really likes. Sometimes I partially dip or drizzle with chocolate on request, but I prefer them plain and most requests are for the plain ones. . I have never been a fan of macarons 

Respected Contributor

No, but Costco has sold them and they are either refrigerated or frozen. Have never tried them there; to me, macarons are just meringue cookies.

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 

If you happen to have that recipe to share I would love to have it.  DH doesn't like coconut, so I've only made them once and I wasn't blown away by the results of that recipe.

~ house cat ~