Honored Contributor

This makes weird looking waffles with little bits sticking out, lol.  I may try her recipe that she mentioned, which is on her webside bluejeanchef.com.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl I ordered the Purple one (surprise), we love waffles, and Duane loves to nibble,, this will be perfect for him!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@mousiegirl I ordered the Purple one (surprise), we love waffles, and Duane loves to nibble,, this will be perfect for him!

@CareBears  Years ago, I bought the large waffle maker that flips over, David sold me on it, and it makes great waffles, but only one large at a time, no bits, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl I had that flip one too, but it died on us, but we do make waffles quite a bit, we like blueberry the best, but there are so many wonderful recipes, that the sky is the limit!

Respected Contributor

You know, there is a double flip waffle maker. I would love to have it but it's just too big for the amount of use it would get.

Respected Contributor

I found that Villaware is an excellent manufacturer of waffle makers.  I used to see them in all the high-end cooking catalogs, so I bought one.  It is excellent.

Not long after I bought my Villaware, I noticed that they also made a heart-shaped waffle maker, and I’m partial to anything ‘heart-shaped’.  A few years later, I wandered into a local consignment shop that sells donated items to help animals in need.  Lo and behold, someone donated a Villaware heart-shaped waffle maker in brand new condition, so I grabbed it for under $5.  I’m so happy I didn’t have to fork over another $50+ for a brand new one.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James