Esteemed Contributor

Lunch, Not Healthy But Darn Good

DD went to get a few things we need for the house.  She called and asked how I felt about chili dogs and root beer floats for lunch.  Holey cow, she is my kid.

We have the Scrabble board ready to go too on this hot Saturday afternoon.

What's for lunch?  Anything fun planned?

Contributor

Re: Lunch, Not Healthy But Darn Good

I'm going to a kid's birthday party this afternoon.  Gonna be hot!  But I'm going with two "old high school" friends, so we should have a great time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunny515    I hope you have a great time.

Respected Contributor

"Root beer float" sounds delcious and just perfect to combat this beastly heat.

Years ago we had an A&W drive in near us. Car hops (without roller skates LOL) coming out to take orders and serving hot dogs and ice cold mugs of root beer (no plastic cups way back in the day).

A very happy memory. 

Your daughter sounds like a sweetheart. Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Who usually wins?   (Scrabble)

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Sounds like my kind of lunch and my kind of afternoon. Root beer floats are my favorite! I sure wish my DD and grandchildren were nearby to play Scrabble. DD beat me for the first time earlier this summer. I didn't take it well...Smiley Mad 

Esteemed Contributor

For me , all this  hot  sweaty weather had me yearning for an old fashion submarine sandwich , like the ones I used to get in Atlantic City at White House sub shop on Arctic Ave. Yea, the same one where Frank Sinatra bought subs that he had sent via plane to  Las Vegas when he was performing there.

Unfortunately , where I live we do not have  access to  that  delicious NJ Italian baked bread loaves for sub sandwiches. I am very picky abt the bread , however I've had to settle for what is available .  I moisten the bread with  Italian  or Balsamic salad dsg Then I pile on  capocola , ham, turkey, hard salami , provolone cheese , lettuce, tomato , sliced red onions and some of that red pepper paste. A dill pickle added  is delightful

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt   lol.  So far she has won 2 to my one.  She didn't beat me by much on either game.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a McDonald's large iced carmel macchiato & a daily double for lunch...it was a needed treat after being diagnosed with Shingles today. UGH.

Regular Contributor

Shingles are terrible. I hope you feel better soon!