Contributor

I have a 5200 that I got probably 10 years ago. I use it all the time. I make lemon curd, puddings from scratch, custards, and many more things in it. It takes about 10 minutes to make 8 one cup servings of any kind of pudding you can imagine. Remember that the blades turn so fast that it actually cooks it.  Today's pudding was dark choklate peanut butter cheesecake. Last week it was pumpkin cheesecake pudding. 

If mine up and died, I would replace it in a heartbeat. I use 8 ounce deli type containers to store them in the fridge. Hubby has something to take in his lunch everyday and if I feel like a sweet treat there is always one ready. You are limited only by your imagination.

Honored Contributor

I don't use a blender enought to justify the cost although I have been tempted by the competition, Blendtec.  I did buy a Wolfgang Puck several years ago when they were doing many of the same demos they do with the high end blenders just so I would have one when I needed it.  Hubby uses one of those As Seen on TV Magic Bullet blenders for his smoothies.  

@SharkE how do you use your Biscoff butter?  I just eat it straight from the container, but I do the same with peanut butter too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looks like Vitamix

[ Edited ]

yeah, I've been known to grab couple of tablespoons of it LOL

Seems like I got a cookie recipe that calls for it thats how I got on to it.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yeah, I've been known to grab couple of tablespoons of it LOL

Seems like I got a cookie recipe that calls for it thats how I got on to it.

@SharkE have you seen the sweetened condensed milk in the squeeze container?  Oh my!  That would be so dangerous in my pantry.

Honored Contributor

Awww sweet heaven I could eat a can of that stuff. LOL

I tried the 'caramel' flavor, but, thank God it was awful LOL

I make ice cream with that. I imitate Wendy's Frosty and if there's anything better then this I haven't found it.  condensed milk, choc milk, Hershey's syrup, is all part of it, pour in your ice cream maker.

1#tong.gif

Honored Contributor

Maybe if you don't regularly buy fruits and veggies you would have little use for it.

We buy a lot and sometimes you don't use them all quick enough, so in smoothies they go!  A little protein powder and we've got a quick "meal."  But we buy specifically to use in smoothies as well--especially when frozen organic ones are on sale--which helps in the winter. 

We have saved the cost many times over by salvaging fruit (throw it in the freezer!) or veggies (especially greens--in the freezer washed 'em and pop them in a bag) so we make smoothies and always get our fruits and veggies that way.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Looks like Vitamix

[ Edited ]

We have had our VitaMix for over 10 years now. Didn't buy it from the Q.  Better price with my employee discount and a greatly discounted price due to discontinued color. We use it frequently.  Besides just smoothies, we make sauces, nut butters, ice cream, hummus, dressings, hot soups, grind our own flours, the list is endless. One of the best kitchen purchases we have made.