Honored Contributor

Re: Looking to purchase a toaster oven, need input

my toaster oven is probably my most used daily appliance. it is just a regular old toaster oven......bake, toast, broil. love it and they are usually quite inexpensive. i think it was under $40.....maybe even less. i bought it at kohls (probably with a coupon). it is a black and decker. i even bought a backup. you can also find them online at walmart and target i believe.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have a compact Breville. I bought this brand for the even heat and great reviews. I use it daily for everything.
Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 bigsister said:

I love my Breville counter-top oven that I bought at BB&B for about $200. I chose that brand because I read so many great reviews on this forum.

I have had many toaster ovens over the years, but none have been anywhere near as good as my Breville, I highly recommend it. If you purchase at BBB and use a 20% off coupon the price is $160. Expensive, but so worth it, IF you plan on using a toaster oven 2-3 times a week. Once a week use or less, you could buy anything.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I had a toaster oven years ago....I can't remember the name...I thank God I was home the day I literally saw it burn itself up....turned all red and died....scared the devil out of me...it was fairly new...about two or three weeks...only used it a couple of times...I threw it out and have been afraid to buy a replacement for fear of it happening again....only not be home...

Honored Contributor

I've had a handful over the years, the worst was Black and Decker and I don't know if they even still make them. I had a Toastmaster for years that was good, but my favorite has been Oster. I've had two Oster toaster/convection ovens and loved them. The first one is at least ten years old and still going strong, but I wanted a newer model that blends better with my kitchen, so purchased one a few months ago. While I love it, I wish I'd gotten the larger model, as I firmly believe I could cook almost anything I might want in it without almost ever having to use the actual oven! That said, counter space is limited so I went with the smaller version and so far so good... I gave the older oven to my mother, who is also loving it. The convection feature is wonderful. I got both of them on special at Walmart and didn't spend much for either one of them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Breville here too. Got it at QVC a couple of years ago. A little larger than most, but holds larger baking dishes. Well worth the money. I never use my big oven anymore unless holidays or baking more than one thing. Even DH loves it.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/11/2015 bigsister said:

I love my Breville counter-top oven that I bought at BB&B for about $200. I chose that brand because I read so many great reviews on this forum.

We had never had a toaster oven, so I did lots of research. Ended up purchasing a Breville toaster oven/convection oven (counter top) on Amazon, where I was able to use my American Express credits, so only had to pay for shipping. Both of us really like this unit, which retains the heat while in use, which is great during the summer.

Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

We have a Hamilton Beach oven, too. It is multi-functional. It is a toaster oven, but it also has a convection setting, and you can broil with it and also use it as a rotisserie, too. It's a great oven. It is quite large. It is about the same size as a large, table top microwave oven. We got it on sale for less than $100 a few years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all of you, I truly appreciate each and every response. Now it is time to put it all together and do some shopping.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

I have a Cuisinart toaster convection oven. I like it, but sometimes wish I had one that had two racks so I could do a meat on one rack and maybe some type of potato on another. I do like the convection part and would suggest that whatever you purchase it have this feature.

Please let us know what you decide. Maybe that we will be the next one I buy.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta