Super Contributor

Re: LocknLock...round or square?

Rounds in the kitchen and squares for bathroom storage Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have many sizes of round, but won't be buying anymore.  The tabs break off of the lids and the rounds take up too much room in the pantry, cooler or fridge.

The square or rectangle ones take up less room per volume and store easier, and the tabs seem to last longer.

Honored Contributor

I prefer rectangular or square containers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My most used pieces are a 1.5 quart round, straight sided containers, that came years ago with larger totes.  They are green body with opaque lids. My problem is that I bought so many configurations over the years, that ALL the sizes don't nest.  Moving those odd pieces to other parts of the home, and prefer just nestable rounds, for fruit, soup, cereal.  I won't need another LnL piece in my lifetime.  I do like many of the tall canister type rectangles for cereal, flour, sugar, pasta, rice.  Plus, many of my sets are older and have really held up well.  

@loriqvc   I think I've completed my 12 step program for LNL and Temptations.  I've only bought the cracker trays last free ship day this year.  🎉🥂💐🤣. And nothing today.  

Respected Contributor

I like both depending on the need.

Respected Contributor

i am now 99% glass in my lock n lock.

i prefer rectangle

i prefer the vented lids

i sold most of my plastic........i think i have 5 listings left of it.

i am clinging on to my plastic pie carrier as it is a huge multi tasker.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynnie61 wrote:

My most used pieces are a 1.5 quart round, straight sided containers, that came years ago with larger totes.  They are green body with opaque lids. My problem is that I bought so many configurations over the years, that ALL the sizes don't nest.  Moving those odd pieces to other parts of the home, and prefer just nestable rounds, for fruit, soup, cereal.  I won't need another LnL piece in my lifetime.  I do like many of the tall canister type rectangles for cereal, flour, sugar, pasta, rice.  Plus, many of my sets are older and have really held up well.  

@loriqvc   I think I've completed my 12 step program for LNL and Temptations.  I've only bought the cracker trays last free ship day this year.  🎉🥂💐🤣. And nothing today.  

@lynnie61 - I also bought the cracker trays last free ship day—they're great! And I ended up surrendering to the LocknLock gods today to get the K90927 3-cup canisters; I have two from a previous set and they get used a lot in my pantry. But before I purchased, I did check Amazon to reinforce the fact that these were a good deal (just one there was $10 vs the Q's set of four for $19).  Smiley Very Happy  I don't need the inserts, but I'm sure I'll come up with some way to use them...

Esteemed Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i am now 99% glass in my lock n lock.

i prefer rectangle

i prefer the vented lids

i sold most of my plastic........i think i have 5 listings left of it.

i am clinging on to my plastic pie carrier as it is a huge multi tasker.

@TheMemphisVette - That big pie carrier is THE BEST! After many years of owning one, I finally posted a review for it this week—I had checked my records and discovered that I'd bought *23* of the carriers over the years for family and friends, including the six in my collection. I was very happy to finally get a nice mid-tone yellow version.

See? I told you I have a LocknLock problem.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

1.  Round

2.  Rectangle

Valued Contributor

What is it about LocknLock that makes you want to keep buying it and using it to organize things? Woman LOL I have 2 sets in the kitchen, but I keep looking around the house saying 'I think I need more.' Woman Wink