Honored Contributor

Re: LocknLock cheap tabs keep cracking and breaking

I bought my first set when it was a tsv and was less than impressed by the tabs. They felt very cheap. 

Valued Contributor

Oh Lock & Lock....I have/had a serious addiction to L&L. Every time I think I have it beat, I backslide. Cat Surprised

I've purchased and gifted more sets than I care to think about. I use them every day, and have special sets for the holidays. I always enjoy this time of year and seeing my work team still using pieces and sets I had gifted them previously through the years. They are perfect for taking home left overs after work pot lucks!

I don't know if people that work on my team would tell me if they had a breakage issue, but I do know my daughter, mother, sister, and best friend would and so far so good. I've never had any break either, although I have lost a lid for one before. (never did figure that out). 

Also, never purchased any from a TSV. I've not had good luck with quality of TSV's, I think they are mass produced in a shoddy fashion for the most part. Cat Frustrated

I'm sorry some of you have had bad experiences. It's no fun when stuff breaks!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

Some pieces have tabs that are very difficult to open and close...a two hand process.

Respected Contributor

Yes, same thing happens to mine. Cheap tabs break. I no longer purchase Lock n Lock products.

Honored Contributor

If I have trouble getting a lid off, I simply insert a butter knife or flat blade screwdriver and twist.  This might happen when I have used it for something warm or hot and the air inside contracts as it cools. I've broken only one tab in all these years and that was a drop on a hard floor.  I do not microwave anything, however, this seems to prolong life. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered a 13"x9" L&L glass pan last Christmas. I didn't try it out right away--my mistake. The tabs would not even close. I had to throw the lid away. No more L&L for me!

Contributor

Sunshine I had a L&L order which came with one broken tab off of the lid and called the customer service number that a good poster here provided.   They also said 2-3 weeks and that was about 6? or so weeks ago and still haven't received it.   I have a bunch of L&L and this was the only order it happened with.  Need to call them again.  I don't mind the wait just want to confirm that they have my inquiry.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I've never had a tab break off, but what has happen to several of mine is one or more tabs on a lid will lose the ability to "grip" so you don't get a seal.  

I eat a lot of tomato based sauces, and always have leftovers....and the containers stain badly.

I have purchased various sizes and quantities of Pyrex glass bowls with regular plastic lids.  I won't buy more Lock and Lock plastic storage pieces.

i did just buy the L&L set of two glass loaf pans with domed lids.  I only have one loaf pan, and needed more for bread and fruitcake baking. 

@alicedee  I too store a lot of tomato based foods in my Lock n Lock.They have never stained. After emptying the container I immediately wipe it out with a dry paper towel. Then I go over it with a damp sponge or Scrub Daddy. It comes out nice & clean.No scrubbing at all.

I think what I've done is "set in" the stains by reheating in the microwave in the same container.  I probably should have dumped the stuff into another container for reheating.  But that's more dishes lol!

i will try using the dry paper towel first tip....thank you!