Regular Contributor

I have a small set of LocknLock bowls I bought several years ago.  First time one of the tabs broke off, I called, and I got the lid replaced right away.  A second tab broke and all I can do is email some Korean website and they don't respond.  Now, I dropped the set last night and a third tab broke off a different lid.  I won't even bother to try to see if I can replace this one too.  I'm so glad I never bought anything else from this set and I certainly never will.  I like my Rubbermaid containers much better.  To me, these tabs are a dumb idea.

Honored Contributor

Re: LocknLock Broke Again

[ Edited ]

@Jackyl This line never appealed to me. My sis has quite a bit of it but the earlier stuff she has was not microwave safe, and I won't buy ANYTHING that I can't put in the micro!

I'll stick with my collection of Rubbermaid and ZipLock containers. Never a problem and they wear like iron.

Super Contributor

There main office is in California....try calling customer service..1-844-527-9188 

Honored Contributor

I've noticed that the lids on the last few sets I purchased did not fit properly and are very difficul to work the tabs.

Valued Contributor

That problem with the tabs is the reason I quit buying LocknLock.  

Honored Contributor

I ordered one set and they were junk. The tabs are worthless. Sounds like a common compliant.

Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I will try this number and see if this works.

Honored Contributor

@Jackyl wrote:

I have a small set of LocknLock bowls I bought several years ago.  First time one of the tabs broke off, I called, and I got the lid replaced right away.  A second tab broke and all I can do is email some Korean website and they don't respond.  Now, I dropped the set last night and a third tab broke off a different lid.  I won't even bother to try to see if I can replace this one too.  I'm so glad I never bought anything else from this set and I certainly never will.  I like my Rubbermaid containers much better.  To me, these tabs are a dumb idea.

@Jackyl   I have quite a few broken tabs also, never had this problem with the rubbermaid, which I got rid of when I bought Lock & Lock, dumb of me.

Honored Contributor

All of my food storage Lock n Lock is 10 years old and sturdy.  I have no intention of buying any new pieces due to cheaper quality.   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

All of my food storage Lock n Lock is 10 years old and sturdy.  I have no intention of buying any new pieces due to cheaper quality.   

Like you, I haven't bought any L&L since they were originally brought to QVC when Chris was a brand new vendor.  My pieces have held up well.  I kind of went crazy in the beginning and bought too many different sizes.  Over the years, I've donated many of them and just kept my favorites.

I'm now trying to use only glass containers for any food that I put in the refrigerator or freezer.  I still keep my cereal and crackers in the plastic L&L but many of them have been moved to other areas of the house for uses other than food storage.