Respected Contributor

Lock n lock appetizer Tray ?? K42708

It holds a pie, but will it hold a 9 inch, 2 layer frosted cake??   Thanks for helping me out. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock n lock appetizer Tray ?? K42708

I have it and no it will not hold a 2 layer cake.

Respected Contributor

The dimensions for that item shown on QVC's website indicate the height is 4-3/8 inches.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks, it stated it was 4 3/8" tall. 

Honored Contributor

Barbarainnc wrote:

It holds a pie, but will it hold a 9 inch, 2 layer frosted cake??   Thanks for helping me out. 

It's too bad they don't have this one anymore, but the one set they had years ago that, I believe, they called a 'salad set' had the perfect one.

There was one large bowl and maybe 4, IIRC, small bowls of the same size.

The large bowl (# on bottom is HSM948) is absolutely perfect for a regular size layer cake or a larger size bundt cake.

I got that set back then and loved the large bowl so much that I bought a few more of just that one, as I use it for many more purposes.   I think you can still find HSM948 on the lnl site and I've seen it in the past on Amazon and ebay.  But you have to pay attention as some of them have that stupid handle on them so the seal is not flat, as it needs to be for a cake.

I just use a cardboard round and a couple pre-cut 10" parchment sheets, or just the parchment if I don't have the cardboard and it's just fine, on the inside of the seal and then use the vessel of the Lock & Lock as a dome.  It could not be a more perfect size.

So, you might consider this one.   I would not be without these.  I think I have (kinda embarrassed to say) FIVE of this one bowl since, as I mentioned, I do use it for some other things.  Smiley Happy