Valued Contributor

Does Lock n Lock no longer make the cereal keepers? I don't see them anywhere on the Q site.

Respected Contributor

They're on Amazon for $10.98 and they're Prime.

Respected Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

Does Lock n Lock no longer make the cereal keepers? I don't see them anywhere on the Q site.

@QPrincess You can have mine.  I found that is the only piece I don't like.  They don't keep my cereal fresh.  I don't eat the cereal that fast and grabbed a handful the other day and the cereal was stale.  I threw the cereal away.  I don't think the seal in the cereal storers is as effective as the other bowls.  I just think it's the flip top.  I noticed that on the other flip tops too.

Esteemed Contributor

Look Again.........they just had a big pack of vertical sets - Like 8 or 10

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@QPrincess wrote:

@QPrincess You can have mine.  I found that is the only piece I don't like.  They don't keep my cereal fresh.  I don't eat the cereal that fast and grabbed a handful the other day and the cereal was stale.  I threw the cereal away.  I don't think the seal in the cereal storers is as effective as the other bowls.  I just think it's the flip top.  I noticed that on the other flip tops too.

I agree with the L & L cereal keeper.  I had 2 of them and threw them away as I got tired of cereal going stale quickly.

I use L & L tall square containers for cereal as they have the 4 lock and locks and keep cereal fresh.

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't understand the appeal of these pieces with spouts or flaps.  They are not airtight, nor are they liquid tight.  Might as well just put the cereal in a baggie, or just leave it in the box.

There are a lot of sizes of the regular L&L pieces that are fully sealed, that are perfectly good for this sort of thing, so I go by the size.

I love L&L, don't get me wrong.  But when you veer away from the ones that are fully sealed it's just not at all the same, in terms of keeping foods fresher.   I do have one large one (a gallon, I think) that has a pour spout deal.  It came in a set.   I only use it to fill it with water that I take outside for the birdies and such.   I would never actually store anything in it.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the other comments here—the cereal keepers don't keep things fresh enough, but I love the regular tall pantry containers/canisters without the spouts. I have three sets of K45187, which goes in and out of stock (haven't seen it reappear in the past six months) and wouldn't be without them for storing cereals and grains! If you don't need narrow containers, this set is a good option:

https://www.qvc.com/LocknLock-4-piece-Tall-Canister-Storage-Set.product.K46158.html

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I agree with the other comments here—the cereal keepers don't keep things fresh enough, but I love the regular tall pantry containers/canisters without the spouts. I have three sets of K45187, which goes in and out of stock (haven't seen it reappear in the past six months) and wouldn't be without them for storing cereals and grains! If you don't need narrow containers, this set is a good option:

https://www.qvc.com/LocknLock-4-piece-Tall-Canister-Storage-Set.product.K46158.html

I have a couple sets of that shape that originally came with 3 sizes- that is the largest one, then a medium height one, then a small one.  You got two of each size in a set.

Those pieces, all 3 sizes, are almost always in use.  Some of them I use for flour, sugar, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, and I forgot what else.   Very handy sizes!  Smiley Happy