Respected Contributor

I will never buy LL again.  Second time the locks have broken off!!  I had the large one in the freezer storing ice cream.  When I took it out and tried to open it TWO of the latches broke!  Guess this is not so freezer proof!! I know I can get replacements BUT I have to send them back and pay the shipping.  Not worth my trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 sets of the glass ones  during the winter - well the lids are lame and  do not snap.   I did not want to  go to the post office to send back, I just bake in them

forget abt the cheap broken lids

Honored Contributor

my motto is plenty other brands

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock

[ Edited ]

lI am slowly parting ways with my old and tired lock n locks.  I like snapware glass.  I don't have many "leftovers" so no need for various sizes.

I am frustrated even more now because I bought the "nesting" sets, have other sets and can't figure out what lids go to what pieces🙄🙄🙄

I feel like I'm trying to find a "needle in a haystack" shuffling thru the lids -- I need Lock N Lock granimal system😉.  I started writing the color lid on the bottoms when I get a match🤷‍♀️🤗

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl- Actually, if you just need to get a new lid, you can call Lock & Lock for assistance—the customer service department is excellent and sends replacements promptly. Representatives are available Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time at 844-527-9188.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I have found when lock n lock is taken out of the freezer it is best to wait a few minutes before opening....in a way the piece is frozen ....and needs to adjust a little to room temperature...

Super Contributor

homedecor1 - I TOTALLY agree.  I bought a multi nesting set that was a heck of a deal.  Problem is getting them re-nested and figuring out what top goes with what.  It's one big puzzle ! ! !

Respected Contributor

I believe Boscov's has a pretty nice (reasonable) sale on Lock n Lock items.  

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl  Try the suggestions by @loriqvc . 

The only time in my many purchases of L & L that I recieved a lid on one of the smaller bowls with a broken tab  I called L &L and no arguments , hassle or postage charged they immediatley mailed me a replacement.

Personally I have never found a product that keeps items fresher for such a long time or work so easily for arthritic hands.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@bargainsgirl- Actually, if you just need to get a new lid, you can call Lock & Lock for assistance—the customer service department is excellent and sends replacements promptly. Representatives are available Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time at 844-527-9188.

I've been waiting since June to get a replacement lid.  Have called again several times and all I get is voice mail to leave a message.  I've haven gotten a return call.  Very disappointed in this.