Contributor

My lock-n - lock is about 10 years old. Its starting to crack and break so time to replace it. I just received my new set, Wow am I disappointed. A couple of lids came cracked they feel so thin compared to my old stuff.

Super Contributor

Really, I didn't know! I ordered those nesting bowls on Sunday I will check them out when I get them and report back...

Honored Contributor

I recently (within the last week or so) received the L&L set K39556. (yeah, like I need MORE L&L!) Anyway, I have a couple of this size and it's a very handy size (it's 6pc of the same size).

They arrived in good order and I don't notice them seeming cheaply made or anything. They are the same as any L&L I've had for 7 or 8 years. Pretty colors Smiley Happy I'm such a sukker for pretty colors. I don't like green and even the green one is cute (it's a kind of neon green).

Anyway, between the ones made in S. Korea, China, or VietNam, I have never seen any difference in quality. With the exception of vacuum sealing, this is still the best food storage product line out there. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I panicked a while back when the rumors of Lock & Locks demise hit the board and ordered another set of the six piece, 2 each of 3 sizes bowl set. I don't see any difference between that and my original set from years ago. When the outrageously priced Tupperware started outsourcing I no longer felt obligated to buy the formerly American made product. IMHO L&L beats Tupperware any day.

Frequent Contributor

The last set of lock & lock I bought from the Q was in December. It was a set of bowls and I haven't noticed any difference in the quality of the new set compared to the sets I've owned for years.

Super Contributor
Not too long ago, I dropped a BRAND NEW LnL bowl that was full of soup on the floor, and *snap* off came a tab! And, of course, if you've broken a tab, you know the seal is WORTHLESS. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked AND stuck with the high shipping costs...
Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2014 mollysmama said: Not too long ago, I dropped a BRAND NEW LnL bowl that was full of soup on the floor, and *snap* off came a tab! And, of course, if you've broken a tab, you know the seal is WORTHLESS. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked AND stuck with the high shipping costs...

L&L is not indestructible. It's plastic storage, although IMO the best out there. But yes, a tab can snap off or it can crack, especially when you drop it.

A word of warning to those who don't already know: Be especially careful when handling L& that has been in the freezer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Test reply. Don't mind me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Lock N Lock will replace any items that break. You will need the number from the bottom of the container.

Respected Contributor
On 3/5/2014 purrmom said:

Lock N Lock will replace any items that break. You will need the number from the bottom of the container.

I know L & L used to be good about sending out replacements. I read you have to pay postage and handling for an exchange and it's next to impossible to speak to anyone on the phone at L & L.

If it's recently changed, I'd like to know.