Honored Contributor

Lock and lock uses

[ Edited ]

I want to know what you use yours for. I have these all over the house and use them. I am looking at what I recorded and 45286 looks like a good size.  I don't seem to need as many smaller ones.

My small round ones are great for portion control. But...I use them to keep all loose things together in my use to be, junk drawer. I use them in my desk area for paper clips, and all those loose things that need a home. 

In my sewing box, multi sizes, for thread, buttons, etc. Upper cupboard to keep again, multi items of sizes. Basement shelf, holds misc things from upstairs cupboard that just didn't get use all the time, but still needed. I hold utencils in large ones. I even put baking things (sugar, flour, etc.) in largest ones. Bath, cotton balls, Q-tips. 

I love 'em and use them. There's almost nothing you can't use these for, for getting organized. (Get for tools that are small and loose, but gets the "junk drawer" organized. When the large ones aren't used for cookies, they hold gloves and scarfs in the top of the coat closet.

What are some of the uses you have for them?

Frequent Contributor

I purchased the recent TSV that had about 14 (or more) mostly rectangular multisize pieces. Besides the obvious - food - I use them for travel!  I spend time at my children's homes when I stay overnight to babysit their children.  Makeup is put in a medium rectangular size and my dental needs are kept in another one.  Because I travel quite a bit to their homes I keep a bag always packed and that includes other Lock and Lock containers such as one container paicked with sugar, creamer packets, K-cups (they do have Keurigs!) and that way I don't have to search their house for those things!  Lol !  I also keep another container with my oatmeal packets, flaked salmon and tuna in packets.  Makes it so easy to just take out a container rather than a plastic baggie.  Much more organized!  And I also use the containers for small screwdrivers, etc.  Again it keeps things organized!

Trusted Contributor

I use mine strictly inthe kitchen.  Either to store leftovers or to carry lunch. 

Valued Contributor

Besides food, we keep all our batteries in Lock & lock.

Honored Contributor

This almost goes without saying, but I will anyway.  We live in the woods.  That means critters, big ones, small ones.  All cereal and flour and sugar is kept in lock and locks, also all pasta and rice.  Snack products like crackers and cookies last much longer than those ridiculous cellophane bags that rip open on you.  Potato chips are the worst.  Cut onions will not smell up the frig as they will if kept in even the heaviest Zip Loc bags. 

Honored Contributor

i use them for my beach bag. Everything inc. my phone, wireless speaker & more is kept in a med rectangular one. 

I also use them them when I travel to put my small travel size items in suitcase - everything is in that container. (I made my own travel size stuff).

and of course, all around the house for sewing, crafts, kids markers, barbie stuff - I think there are a lot more uses than food.

I have a various of sizes over the years...they are "indestructible" mine are very old & still in perfect shape!

Esteemed Contributor

This L&L stuff lives forever----once they get old and slightly stained or pitted I repurpose them to the work room, laundry room and craft/sewing rooms. They are great for those spare parts that come with every thing from tool items to buttons on blouses & pants. I use them for parts or bulbs that I'm trying to find at the hardware store so I'm not searching thru my purse trying to find the darn thing that I put in there. I find them useful for garden items and pet medicine. My kids are grown but when they were small they were the greatest for all the lego bits and hot wheels and power rangers parts.

Frequent Contributor

I was just wondering about this myself, @qualitygal, thanks for starting the thread! I use mine for more non-food than food. I keep art supplies, keepsakes, greeting cards, stickers, small games and playing cards, craft supplies, and more. I bought the large round server for a sewing kit and the large square servers for makeup and nail polish. The square server has 4 dividers and a round center piece that is perfect for round cotton pads, and OPI nail polishes stand up in the dividers and stay organized even if the tray is stored on its side. An average sized nail polish remover bottle fits too. We travel in our RV a lot, so we like waterproof, lidded containers for everything. The ones with handles are awesome so you can take whatever you're using out of the house to polish your nails outside on your deck or picnic table in nice weather! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Other than the obvious, I use them to store and organize:

crochet and sewing items

bathroom items (band aids)

hardware

office supplies

jewelry

travel items

make-up

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I use several for go-to jewelry ensembles.  I have regular jewelry boxes of course, but I keep some together in individual L&Ls for when I am in a hurry.  One for gold, one for rose gold, one for silver and one for black.  Each has a watch, a couple of rings, bracelet and chain necklace.  When I'm in a hurry, I grab one so I don't have to waste time going through the large boxes.