Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

I mentioned this before when Lock n Lock was a TSV: to me it is the appeal analogous to that of a new box of crayons when I was a little girl, in effect: "OOH! LOOK! NEW COLORS! NEW SPARKLY COLORS! AND THINK OF ALL THE NEW POSSIBILITIES!!!" (LOL)

Now HELP ME TO NOT ORDER THE CHAMPAGNE COLOR OF THE TSV!

Tee-hee,
-Solar1

I totally agree about the crayons and I DID order the set in champagne.  If you want to see the coolest cake EVER, click for this Crayola cake video.  I've watched it at least 10 times.  I don't usally like fussy cakes, but I'd love this one!

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

For anyone that is a long time Lock and Lock owner, and understands the changes that have been made over the years, I have a cautionary note.

Take a good look at the set, and notice how many different styles of latches are on the pieces. 

In my opinion the only really good latches that Lock and Lock makes are the ones we see in this set, on the rectangles to the far right of the picture. They have what I call the double locking tabs as they align with 'tabs' if you will, on the container itself. 

There are several different styles of latches on the other shapes, all of which I've had before, and none of which I really care for in terms of strength, and ability to lock the piece really tightly. I find they leak easier and more often without those double tab kind of latches.

It's a great price for the set, and I'm tempted. If they all had the same locking system as the rectangles I'd be getting a couple of sets, but for now I'm on the fence because of the latches

@Mominohio

I agree with you 100% about the latches.  I am not a fan of the ones that don't double click but I would've bought this set if it was free shipping.  Don't like it well enough to pay shipping.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

I don't have anywhere to store this many Lock & Lock sets nor do I need to put away that much food. I do use Lock & lock to store most of my dry goods in my pantry, because here in Fl. you can get insects in your food pretty quickly. However, the size I need for that is larger than these bowls in these sets. They are a great price though.

Honored Contributor

I sew and I do use lock & lock for my pins, my needles, my buttons,my bobbins, my taylors chalk, my sewing machine's various feet, and other things I can't even think of now. It's a great way to use those very small L&L that you get in every set and really don't need. Using the L&L keeps my sewing box nice and neat, and I like the colorful lids.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock TSV

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I have been somewhat disappointed with my Lock & Lock containers lately - have had a few lids where the tabs have broken off.  Even so, I realize nothing lasts forever.  Whenever I see these big sets I often think about pitching/donating my current pieces and starting fresh again.  I'm really liking the champagne colored lids.

I agree that the newer pieces aren't of the same quality as the older ones. However, some of my older pieces are looking a little worse for wear though, so I guess it all evens out. 

I did cave on on the crystal blue set as I'm trying to put together a collection of that color before they discontinue it. It's a great set with a nice assortment of pieces. Couldn't resist! 

I love L & L but can’t justify the tsv so I ordered the new pie plates.  Caved Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I caved and ordered the champange. I may come back and order another set. I sue this stuff all over the house. Once it's really old and I don't want to use it for food I use it in the garage, work room and storage rooms

I had this idea this morning that it would be great for all those small things in the Christmas storage boxes. (ornament hooks & spinners) ornaments that I only have 3 or 4. My goal is to be able to get rid of any cardboard box and see what's in every thing that is sitting on a shelf.

I liked Carolyn's idea this morning about putting all the cereal, etc. in the L&L when you were unpacking your groceries. My pantry is on the lower level so that would really be wise in this humidity. 

Respected Contributor

Let me preface this by saying I love lock n lock, and I have tons of it....

Yes they have gotten way thinner..I recently had one melt in the microwave...nothing greasy or sugary,  first time that ever happened...

Yes, I have had tabs break off, making many of my containers “tripods”....

I have had many get whitened, cloudy, and generally unpresentable after multiple dishwashing..

and, yes they are stackable...but you have to take every single one out, open it, to get to the smallest one, then lock each one up again, in order..Kind of “Cat in the Hat” style...

plus they don’t make “my” color anymore, that dark midnight blue.....

HECK YEAH I bought the TSV!!!!!!!!  LOL.. I just can’t resist this stuff!!!!

Valued Contributor

@Mrntsohapy wrote:

I love L & L but can’t justify the tsv so I ordered the new pie plates.  Caved Smiley Sad

Oh @Mrntsohapy those pie plates are on my wishlist now since I saw them Sunday!!

Valued Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Let me preface this by saying I love lock n lock, and I have tons of it....

Yes they have gotten way thinner..I recently had one melt in the microwave...nothing greasy or sugary,  first time that ever happened...

Yes, I have had tabs break off, making many of my containers “tripods”....

I have had many get whitened, cloudy, and generally unpresentable after multiple dishwashing..

and, yes they are stackable...but you have to take every single one out, open it, to get to the smallest one, then lock each one up again, in order..Kind of “Cat in the Hat” style...

plus they don’t make “my” color anymore, that dark midnight blue.....

HECK YEAH I bought the TSV!!!!!!!!  LOL.. I just can’t resist this stuff!!!!

I like stacking them but do not like to store them with the lids locked on - don't know why I just like it better when they can breathe LOL