Honored Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock Spice Containers Are Back! All Colors!

@cozyseeker 

I have rectangular shaped metal measuring spoons and the 1/2 tsp. fits the hole in the small container, so they work for me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

Oh dear, just cancelled my order after finding out a spoon will not fit in container. That makes these inconvenient for me. I have been stalking these since they were last on. I am really disappointed they won't work for me. The containers look large enough to have made room for a spoon!

Yes, just cancelled mine also because of this.

Respected Contributor

These seem too big to use as spice jars. There are very few spices that I buy in a 3/4 or 1 Cup quantity - maybe cinnamon or peppercorns or something like that. I'd prefer to keep them in the jars they come in.

This is what I use in my narrow cupboard by the stovetop:

71dZfIGmvmL._AC_UL480_QL65_ML3_[1].jpg

Valued Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia , good that one set could sprinkle, I looked on the A website and found some, I recieved yesterday and they are just as nice with sprinkle and slot, cheaper and you get more. small and large or just smalls in red, black or green. Got twice as much for what I would have paid for 2 sets

Honored Contributor

Anybody here who knows me knows I love Lock & Lock and have for over 15 years.

But something about this set bothers me and I'm not sure what it is.    I think they could have done better.

That said, I wonder if these are the same ones that L&L has been selling in other countries for years now, or if this a new iteration.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I'm sorry! I didn't even know you had started a post about this when I made my post. I just took a picture of my cabinet and posted without checking to see if it was already in discussion!

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

@Tylerpoo wrote:

I wanted these very badly until someone said, there was no sprindle top and the open slot was not big enough to put a teaspoon in, so u would pour out too much. I thought about it and didn't get it. if that does not bother you, then yes they are cute, matches your other pieces and stores the spices very well.

@Tylerpoo  I received mine yesterday. The large ones have a sprinkle top and the small ones have an open slot that’s big enough to allow you to use up to a half-teaspoon measuring spoon if its sides are straight. I don’t mind, since I plan to use them for both kitchen and non-kitchen storage.

@Eileen in Virginia 

All mine came with the same lids, none of which have a sprinkle top on them. I wonder if they have two different sets they got in and are selling them/shipping them under one item number mistakenly. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer the Tritan L&L but these won't work for my myriad of spices.  Maybe the lid design will be improved upon but I doubt they can change what makes L&L wonderful, the way the lids grip the containers and therein is the space saving flaw.  They stack nicely but not next to one another -- if cabinet space is premium.  The ability to write on and erase is genius.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

No problem! Your pics in your cabinet really helped!

I don't get the "sprinkle tops on the large containers" comment either, my large ones have the same top as the smaller ones, an oval spout.

I'm curious about that.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Mominohio 

No problem! Your pics in your cabinet really helped!

I don't get the "sprinkle tops on the large containers" comment either, my large ones have the same top as the smaller ones, an oval spout.

I'm curious about that.

@KingstonsMom 

And I went and double checked to be sure! LOL It would be nice if they offered a set with sprinkle/shaker lids now. 

I also checked measuring spoon fit, and I have some stainless ones that have very elongated rectangular 'spoons' on them (I think my mom bought them on QVC many years ago) and I can fit up to a teaspoon size down into the opening, so I was really pleased to find that out, as I was pretty much expecting to have to take the lids of to use. So looks like I mostly won't have to do that.