Frequent Contributor

I realize it is the holidays, as well as, fall and winter.....but I do not like all these jewel tones in the Lock & Lock pieces.  I still need colors that match my kitchen....just because the season has changed does not mean my kitchen has.  So many pieces I wanted but did not want these dark colors. 

Trusted Contributor

I have long wished that Lock&Lock would have a selection of core colors that remained available consistently when new pieces are introduced. It seems that a lot of colors are one and done and then they move on to the next color. I have stayed with clear for years because I don't want to end up with a variety of different colors. It is frustrating. 

That being said, I have recently been taking my chances with the crystal blue, hoping that it sticks around for awhile. 

Trusted Contributor

My kitchen has red accents, Kitchenaid mixer, Keurig, Air Fryer, Le Creuset...

I choose the red in Lock and Lock. They always seem to have that. 

I did buy the set with the gift bags but those are for gifts and I match the bowls to the bags.

I did recently buy from their own website two sets of three each nestable square pieces with Christmas ornaments on the side. A large, medium and small. I bought one green and one red. Very cute and they were on clearance. Deep clearance.

Honored Contributor

I buy Lock and Lock in fun colors.  I never even think to match my kitchen with plastic ware that is in my refrigerator or my cupboards.  

I am not into a matchy-matchy everything.  I have a time of L&L in a ton of different colors.

Honored Contributor

I am matchy-matchy.  I like the purple tones, but many of mine are different as some are violet, plum, etc.  I also wish they would stick with core colors because I do like all to match.  However, I still have clear and I have too many sets to replace them all just to match.  Many of mine are close in color--purple tones.

Esteemed Contributor

I was just looking to make my first purchase of lock and lock .  I was disappointed that there were no colors.  One set only came in red.  Another set red, blue, and dark green.  Oh well guess I won't be buying L & L.

Honored Contributor

I would prefer to have all my Lock and Lock in the same color, but I stopped loosing sleep over it a long time ago. 

They are going to keep changing colors, adding new, deleting others, and offering them in shades and colors suitable to the season for which they are selling/promoting. 

Nothing I can do but choose the clear, which is constant, or just buy what suits me in the moment and live with the mix/match.

Regular Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock Colors!!!

[ Edited ]

I like the colors, but I'm like a toddler - just put a lot of bright colors in front of me and I'm happy.  I would get really bored sticking to the same color all the time.  I also find that the different colors help me sort the pieces better.  For example, my nestable rectangles are always lime green or turquoise top.  The pantry pieces, which are a different shape mostly have clear tops or the ones with the flip lid that are yellow (I just ordered some orange pantry pieces that are different widths, so that's going to throw me off - why did they do that?)  My yellow rectangles have clear lids, and the clear rectangles I just bought for office organization have green or black lids.  I would go nuts if all my lids were the same color and I had to sort out what goes where.

But I hear what you ladies are saying - it would be nice to be able to replace certain pieces or add to a matching set later.  And for pieces that sit on the counter, you want them to blend with the decor and not be a mish mosh.

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

I was just looking to make my first purchase of lock and lock .  I was disappointed that there were no colors.  One set only came in red.  Another set red, blue, and dark green.  Oh well guess I won't be buying L & L.

I think they were low on stock in some sets.  Probably because of the all-day kitchen shows and the free shipping.  That saved $5.50 in most cases.

Honored Contributor

I'm in the minority here because I don't match my plastic storage containers to anything else. I honestly don't care about which colors I have because they're either in the refrigerator or freezer or in cupboards.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland