Contributor

I have the 18ct LnL Egg Keeper, I use mine for ice trays.  With the 18ct egg keeper there are little pin holes on the peaks between the egg cups and thus can make for some leakage.

Does anyone have the new 12ct Egg Keeper and are there still little holes?  I'd like to know answer and if anyone, who has the newer 12 ct can answer the question.

I'd be most grateful!

Thank you Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

Re: LnL Egg Keeper

[ Edited ]

Yes, they have pin holes. Watch the video. They show the holes and discuss that they need to be there because eggs need to breathe.

I have a 12 count one from a couple of years ago and it has the pin holes as well.

Edited to add that Amazon sells Lock n Lock ice cube trays.

Frequent Contributor

Have one from years ago also, no holes..I checked it a few weeks ago when they said it has holes...

Honored Contributor

I hve an older egg keeper with no pin holes.  The eggs were always damp and sometimes they got moldy.  I now use it without the lid.

Super Contributor

I had the earlier version with no holes and had mold growing on eggs from dampness.  I tossed it in the trash.  I now keep the eggs in their carton, which also has the date on it, and that works better for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mstress - I believe all of the newer L&L egg keepers have the pinholes to prevent moisture buildup. As @MezzieStarr noted, Amazon has a L&L ice cube tray system if you're looking for one—I own it and really like it. There's a nice airtight container with three stacking ice trays inside. You can check it out by entering this item number on the Amazon website: B001AT8TWG. If you happened to have purchased the set of three refrigerator containers from the Q over the past couple of years, the container is the same as the largest one. (And it's one of those items you should stick in your cart and watch for a little while because the prices go up and down a lot; it is currently listed at around $25, but I paid $11 earlier this year.)

Honored Contributor

If the pinholes are between the wells, how would that interfere with making ice? If water gets on the hole, wipe it off with a paper towel before you move to the freezer. 

Contributor

thank you so much, Mesmerelda.  I appreciate the tip. Smiley Happy 

Contributor

Thank you, Loriqvc.  And providing the item# as well - that's going the extra mile.  Kindness, it is noticed and appreciated.