Respected Contributor

If it's a bar b q steak re heated, otherwise he's not much for left overs.

I can eat left overs for a few days.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I are definitely in sync with leftovers.   We will eat pork or beef BBQ, vegetable soup, and chili, up to 10 days.  2 days only for cole slaw and fried chicken, 3 days for meatloaf, leftover pinto beans, and fresh green beans.   Neither of us like a leftover pork chop, so I only cook enough for one meal.   Macaroni salad or spaghetti salad must be eaten within 5 days; I usually make it on Sunday, so any leftovers can go out in Friday's trash, which is pickup day.     

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

I have a 3 day rule.  If we haven't eaten it by then we aren't going to.   I'll freeze sauces by the second day.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I live alone and I don't cook much.   When hubby was alive, I would cook enough for 1 meal and maybe 1 lunch the next day.

Now I might keep a salad for a few days, or slaw or potato salad, items like that.

But I don't like keeping anything more than 1 day.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

My husband and I are definitely in sync with leftovers.   We will eat pork or beef BBQ, vegetable soup, and chili, up to 10 days.  2 days only for cole slaw and fried chicken, 3 days for meatloaf, leftover pinto beans, and fresh green beans.   Neither of us like a leftover pork chop, so I only cook enough for one meal.   Macaroni salad or spaghetti salad must be eaten within 5 days; I usually make it on Sunday, so any leftovers can go out in Friday's trash, which is pickup day.     

For left over pork chops, I dice and put in salads and that's great that way!  Left over chickens too, good way to use them up.  Or use in stir fries - great that way too.  Just thought I'd mention this.

Honored Contributor

We eat leftovers until they are done! I can't even fathom the thought of throwing away perfectly good food! I just made 20 stuffed peppers and we wil eat them until they are all gone (its just the 2 of us). Most times, food tastes better the longer it sits! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Most of the time leftovers are for two meals at our house.  If I fix a large piece of meat like a pot roast or ham it will last longer.

Honored Contributor

@poppinfresh wrote:

Ha...my Hubs hates leftovers. If I served him the same meal two days in a row, he would most likely eat it because it is what is for dinner, but...I prefer not to hear him whine about it, lol, so we don't do leftovers.

We rarely eat the same thing two days in a row, but I will cook enough of some meal or dish for a lunch for him sometime during the week (I pack him a full mini meal from what I make for dinner, and try not to give it to him on the same day we ate it for lunch he works second shift), and for another meal sometime later in the week. 

My husband doesn't mind leftovers at all, I just make four or five big meals at one time, usually on a Sunday or Monday, plate them up for multiple meals/lunches throughout the week, then rotate what we eat so we don't have to eat the same thing two days in a row.

Honored Contributor

I like leftovers and with many things I make enough for 2 days.  (It's just me.)  If it's something that freezes well (like pasta sauce), I will freeze some.  With leftovers I eat once and sometimes skip a day and then eat the rest.  Once in a while I go one more day, but that's about it.  "Doggie bag" from restaurants--eat within 3 days.