Respected Contributor

image.jpegMy brother sent me home with about 6 lbs.. Froze a lot..any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

French dip sandwiches?

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker, as long as they're fairly rare, I sear the slices (thick) like a steak, delicious, having that tonite

Honored Contributor

Brush with some olive oil, salt & pepper & Sear on a hot charcoal grill. YUM!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker

My DH loves beef and noodles made with prime rib. He also likes a sandwich that is made with prime cut in small cubes or thinly sliced, sauteed with beef broth, onions, fresh mushrooms, garlic over low heat. After that he puts the mixture on a crusty type roll that is soft inside with a slice or two of your favorite cheese. 

Honored Contributor

I cooked a very large rib roast on Christmas Eve.  Now that we are past the point of eating slices of beef, on Saturday, I cubed some of the beef, added onion to it, cooked under pressure for 3 minutes, then made brown gravy over it.   There was just enough of that leftover to use in a beef pot pie yesterday.   The remaining piece of roast is in the freezer, and will be used for beef BBQ or beef stew.   Stir fry is also one of the ways I use up the last of our ribeye roast.   

Respected Contributor

You guys are great!

I ran  out of ideas after "hash".....

but it WAS good hash!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

You guys are great!

I ran  out of ideas after "hash".....

but it WAS good hash!

I just want to add my thanks too . . . I am going to have one more meal tomorrow and this gives me a lot of great ideas . . . thank you ladies!

Respected Contributor

I fixed my rib roast on Saturday and tonight will have some of the leftovers, divided on my plate between the half I'll eat with my leftover red wine & mushroom sauce and the other half with leftover horseradish sauce.  I look forward to the sauces more than the beef, so obviously I'm holiday-cooked out. 

Honored Contributor

I got sent home with so much turkey and dressing from Thanksgiving that I saved quite a bit in the freezer just in case there was no turkey in sight at our family Christmas dinners.  Guess what?  Only ham at every table so over the week-end I have been eating my leftover turkey and dressing and have just a bit left to add to my last little bit of Christmas Eve night Tamales.  Love my freezer.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."