Respected Contributor
I just turned it on....wow. I'm so glad to see this brand here. Mine is 40 yrs old, love it!
Super Contributor
I just started cooking with cast iron two weeks ago! DH and I went to the Lodge outlet in Gatlinburg TN and picked up a little 5-piece starter set. I have been reading all about cast iron and learning how to properly season. Having a lot of fun with it - - everything I've made has been fabulous - - and I have been enjoying getting to know how to cook this 'new/old-fashion' way. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

LC is great! I have so many pieces.

I'm surprised to see that this one they were just selling has the old knobs, as they said it was a brand new piece. Nothing wrong with the old knobs, but it seemed contrary to how they were qualifying it.

I have both the old knobs and a couple of the newer (in the past few years, so it's not BRAND new), as well as a couple of the stainless steel ones, and they are all great. Nobody should be using them in the oven at high heat anyway.

Respected Contributor
I emailed and asked Le Creuset about my old knobs and they suggested I order the new ones. I saw the knobs too and was like huh? These are brand new with old knobs...go figure. I never had a problem with mine, but I suppose I should replace them. I've never used in over 400 in my Dutch oven anyway. Great to see a VERY GOOD BRAND on Q.
Respected Contributor
Chickenbutt, what is your favorite piece? Mine has to be the Dutch oven.
Honored Contributor

I got a couple of the stainless steel ones (you can get them even at Amazon) to just put on IF I needed them and, honestly - I never have. This was before the newer plastic ones came out.

When I use mine in the oven it's always at 350F or lower, so any of the knobs are fine.

It IS good to see a great brand like this. People don't save money but at least they don't charge higher AND people can usually get ezpay. They sell too much poorly constructed stuff from China and try to compare it to well-made products. Too many gullible peeps out there! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 10/5/2014 Mustangshar said: Chickenbutt, what is your favorite piece? Mine has to be the Dutch oven.

Oh boy, it's hard to say. I have everything from 1qt to 13.25qt - most are round. A few are oval. Plus I have two sizes of the shallow round 'braisers'.

I think my 9qt round is one favorite and my 6.75 oval is another.

But then I sure get a lot of use out of the cute little round 1qt. When I make my turkey chili I always freeze it in portions in a bunch of round Lock & Lock containers. Then I pop them out and vacuum seal them. When I take one out to heat up it fits perfectly in the 1qt LC pot.

So you can see - it's hard to decide on just one! Smiley Happy

Mine are all either red, black, or dune. The red and black ones are my favs.

Respected Contributor
Exactly! That easy pay and free shipping, no wonder it sold out. If I didn't have my oval, I would have purchased. Amazon has the knobs. That's great...lol, what doesn't Amazon have? Love them
Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, Amazon rocks in every way! I've been with Amazon for ten years and have no complaints. Sure, there have been things that happened but Amazon takes care of you mucho pronto.

This year I purchased a digital camera on Amazon that was priced, amazingly, at just under $300. A little while later I saw that it had gone down by $50. I know they don't do price adjustments (after order) like they used to and, heck, let's face it - if the price goes up they don't charge you more! ha! But anyway, I wrote them a very nice email asking if there was any way to get the price adjustment and they gave it to me! That was $53+ including tax. This camera was already worth way more than the $297 I paid for it! It has since gone back up in price (the lower price was very short-lived!).

Anyway, that's just one of many stories about Amazon. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love my Le Creuset...most of my pieces will be handed down to my kids...they last that long.

I have the largest dutch oven, it was my mom's..she doesn't cook large amounts of food any more. This is the time of year I make those large batches of chili and soups, so it comes in handy! I must own at least 8 pieces of cast iron and 4 pieces of their stoneware baking items.

Now QVC, let's get rid of that Temptations junk and start offering some fine stoneware that LASTS in the Le Creuset line!