Esteemed Contributor

Aero Gardens - anyone have one and like it?

I have an old one, haven't used it for awhile, but will start in again with lettuce. It should come any day now, ordered it last Monday. I think it will be so much fun watching it grow and harvesting it to eat etc. while we have frost forecasts here now. So was wondering if any of you have one and what is your favorites to grow?

Contributor

Re: Aero Gardens - anyone have one and like it?

Have one I bought several years ago, also.

No place to put it on counter so haven't used it in a long time. Besides, hubby complained about the bright light. LOL

Valued Contributor

I've had one for years and really enjoy it. My favorite thing to grow are cherry tomatoes--but if you do, read the instructions carefully to learn how to prune it. I didn't do that the first time and I didn't get as many tomatoes as I should have.

Respected Contributor

We used to have two of them when they first came out. My 2 youngest are in the Culinary field, so we grew lots of fresh herbs. I have looked at the newer models, and they have come a long way from the original ones. Have fun with yours gloriajean. Fresh lettuce ~ yum.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I have one sitting in the basement because I have to replace the pump and I don't feel up to the job. When it was working, it grew basil like nobody's business, but other herbs, not so well. Cilantro never grew at all (I think the seeds had been the wrong kind, perhaps were irradiated food grade cilantro or coriander and not able to germinate.) Anyway, I'd love a non-stop supply of cilantro but the Aero never did that for me.

I almost got TOO much basil out of it, and then the pump broke. Aero replaced the pump part but I'm just not into repair.

Esteemed Contributor

I have mine in my computer room - a nice spot for it as there's no room on my counter. Just today got my kit in the mail, so it' started now for lettuce!! Anxiously waiting. Love to watch it grow.