QVC has such trememdous buying power from manufacturers.  Le Creuset discontinued the color of my collection Cassis just over a year ago.  I am looking for a couple of ceramic piece and curious if QVC has any future intentions to maybe sell their:  Oil and VInigar Set, Coffee Canister, and their three or five piece canister sets?

Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset Cassis pieces

@Mark n VA wrote:

QVC has such trememdous buying power from manufacturers.  Le Creuset discontinued the color of my collection Cassis just over a year ago.  I am looking for a couple of ceramic piece and curious if QVC has any future intentions to maybe sell their:  Oil and VInigar Set, Coffee Canister, and their three or five piece canister sets?

Try one of the leC outlets 

Honored Contributor

Try eBay email alert.

Frequent Contributor

Call the outlet in Yemassee, S.C. It's a true outlet with loads of seconds and discontinued items. I've seen a lot of the stoneware there. Also Signature line. Great sales too.  Very close to Le Creuset port city and the US headquarters. It's directly off I-95, very accessible if you are traveling North/South. Best deals I have seen anywhere. The "outlet" stores in the malls can't compare. Very nice and helpful staff who will ship to you. Good luck. I have found some wonderful pieces.

Honored Contributor

Does the outlet in Yemassee have a website?  

Frequent Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Does the outlet in Yemassee have a website?  

Doesn't look like it has its own website. But if you call that outlet, they are so helpful. I would call at a time they might not be so busy, so they can spend time answering questions and looking around for you. And they do ship, free shipping, though maybe not always, they'll let you know when.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for answering about SC store. If they quit having all those hurricanes, SC and NC are on my bucket list. OP, I think you are out of luck except in the secondary market.  New colors were just introduced and yours was not one.  If all else fails, go for a harmonizing color or a multi color set.  

Frequent Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Thanks for answering about SC store. If they quit having all those hurricanes, SC and NC are on my bucket list. OP, I think you are out of luck except in the secondary market.  New colors were just introduced and yours was not one.  If all else fails, go for a harmonizing color or a multi color set.  

I too wish they'd quit having hurricanes. And no doubt NC and SC agree with us! Though weather is what it is all over the country - floods, tornados, wildfires, blizzards, earthquakes; with hurricanes you get at least a week in advance warning to get out of the way.  I would advise anyone to travel south during cooler months anyway. It's more comfortable, less crowded, and no hurricane threats. The area has such a unique beauty and an important place in the history of US.

But I digress:

OP isn’t necessarily out of luck. He just needs to call the outlet. I have seen lots of discontinued items/colors; that’s why they’re there.  And sometimes new colors are pretty much indiscernible from the old.

Frequent Contributor

btw - I bought a 3 qt. Cassis Tart Tatin Dish at Yemassee outlet about 3 years ago. Bought it because it was 3 qt. and a great price, not because I love the color. (I just imagine what the food will look like serving in it and buy it. I don't match pieces, more interesting to my eye if it varies on display and on the table.) Very versatile for baking and stovetop. For years they've have only 2 qt in the red color (was called Cherry, now Cerise) on the national website.

Esteemed Contributor

For anyone seeking Le Creuset pieces in Cassis, there are still plenty of them available for purchase here on QVC and around the web; if the color has been discontinued, there might not be new pieces on the LC website, but a quick Google search yielded tons of results for current options. And if QVC continues its relationship with Le Creuset, it could potentially bring in new pieces based on customer requests—they added the Emerald color primarily to please David Venable, and many customers are loving that, so special orders do seem possible.