Trusted Contributor

Re: Last week we ate out at Texas Roadhouse.

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I do enjoy Texas Roadhouse, but I have two complaints which I remedy by getting takeout.

First, every location I've gone to regardless of the time of day, their restaurants been too loud with the volume cranked up on their music. 

Second, I find the food over salted so I rinse the baked potatoes and even some cuts of meat.

I completely agree with both of your points.  We went twice to the one in our area.  Both times the music was so increcibly loud and the food was so salty we couldn't even finish our meals.  No desire to give them another try.  

I work for Texas Roadhouse. You can order your potato with no salt, and your meat with lite or no seasoning. As for the music, we do keep our music louder than most. It is meant to be toe tapping 🕺🕺🕺

Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I ever ate at a franchise restaurant. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I can't remember the last time I ever ate at a franchise restaurant. 

We know, you told us that in post #28.

Honored Contributor

Is that the place where they throw rolls around ?

dumb

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I do enjoy Texas Roadhouse, but I have two complaints which I remedy by getting takeout.

First, every location I've gone to regardless of the time of day, their restaurants been too loud with the volume cranked up on their music. 

Second, I find the food over salted so I rinse the baked potatoes and even some cuts of meat.

I completely agree with both of your points.  We went twice to the one in our area.  Both times the music was so increcibly loud and the food was so salty we couldn't even finish our meals.  No desire to give them another try.  

I work for Texas Roadhouse. You can order your potato with no salt, and your meat with lite or no seasoning. As for the music, we do keep our music louder than most. It is meant to be toe tapping 🕺🕺🕺

@MG Chris Do you have any pull regarding the music? We went one time shortly after the one near us opened up and we've never been back. My SO and I gave up trying to have a conversation. We didn't linger like we normally do when eating out...so no dessert for us. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a disappointing experience. 

Respected Contributor

I love Texas Roadhouse! I happen to love the loud atmosphere because it's sort of like a party. I don't like quiet restaurants. I mean I don't like it when kids are crying or screaming, that's not what I mean, but I like a restaurant with a fun party vibe.

Trusted Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@MG Chris Do you have any pull regarding the music? We went one time shortly after the one near us opened up and we've never been back. My SO and I gave up trying to have a conversation. We didn't linger like we normally do when eating out...so no dessert for us. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a disappointing experience. 

No, it is company policy the music has to be set at a certain level. You should have taken a dessert to go! Our desserts are so good and that is another secret…we don't want people to linger. Technically, they don't want dessert offered. They want people to leave. We are so busy we need the tables turned as quickly as possible. 

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

No, it is company policy the music has to be set at a certain level. You should have taken a dessert to go! Our desserts are so good and that is another secret…we don't want people to linger. Technically, they don't want dessert offered. They want people to leave. We are so busy we need the tables turned as quickly as possible. 

I was just kidding, but that is funny. Well, the tactic works!

We were there for lunch and there weren't that many people. I'm sure it's busier for dinner. My SO and I like to enjoy a multi course meal. We prefer smaller restaurants but thought we'd give it a try.

Respected Contributor

I do not care for the Texas Roadhouse near us at all.  LOUD, obnoxious and the food is not that great.  We have a gift card from there and it has been sitting in the drawer for several years.  I should just give it away.  

Fortunately we have several locally owned steakhouses that we go to.  They have much, much better food and atmosphere.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I can't remember eating at a franchise restaurant! I only eat local. Even on vacation, I only eat local. I'd rather help the little people that struggle to keep their little restaurant open than a big box that doesn't care.

I understand your point @ID2 , however, the franchises are usually owned by someone local...the employees are all local as well.

That franchise owner has paid and probably invested his life into this endeavor.  If he 'doesn't care', he loses big time and all the employees are out of a job.