Super Contributor

The title of my last post should have been STRANGE SMELL FROM MICROWAVE!

stupid iPad bounces and picks up other sentences! 

So disregard the title: strange PRICES GOING UP! ITS WRONG! 

Valued Contributor

I think you can edit it.

Honored Contributor

@nougat@staciesmom is correct -- you can edit your thread title.   Just click/tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your original post in the thread and choose the "edit" option.   It not only permits you to edit the text of your post, it also allows you to change the thread title.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@staciesmom

@dooBdoo

thanks @dooBdoo but are you talking before I post or after?  I didn't even notice it was wrong until after posting. Thought only the mods could change it after it's been posted?

i also notice that once I write anything on iPad I can't put curser back in paragraph to fix. 

I have to go backwards and erase to that point, odd? 

A lot to Learn I guess  ! 

Respected Contributor

One time I tried editing the title of my thread, but was not successful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Last post TITLE WRONG

[ Edited ]

@nougat wrote:

@staciesmom

@dooBdoo

thanks @dooBdoo but are you talking before I post or after?  I didn't even notice it was wrong until after posting. Thought only the mods could change it after it's been posted?

i also notice that once I write anything on iPad I can't put curser back in paragraph to fix. 

I have to go backwards and erase to that point, odd? 

A lot to Learn I guess  ! 

You're welcome, @nougat!   You can edit it after it's been posted, and even after there are replies on the thread.   You even can completely delete a thread if no one has replied to it (can't delete the thread if it has replies, though).

These are features that were added with the newer Community platform.

I do agree, because of the bouncy website I notice it takes more patience to use my iPad or iPhone here than when I use my Mac.   However, you should be able to place the cursor within the text (or in the title of your thread) and make changes.   

Check to be sure you have the most current version available for your model of iPad.    Also, be sure to regularly delete Safari history and website data (under Settings, Safari, Clear History and Website Data, and then under Settings, Safari, Advanced, Website Data, Remove All Website Data).     

I'm using a very, very old iPad 3 that can't be upgraded past 9.3.3, and an old iPhone 5.   I clear all the Safari cookies/data at least once a day, and I can type and edit here (I'm doing that right now).

I hope that's helpful!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@dooBdoo

Very Helpful!! thank you teacher Heart

now, ipad is at least 8 years old, how do I get or make sure I have the most updated versions?  devices are always non-stop updating!  idk how to check/get this?

thanks Teach!

Honored Contributor

Re: Last post TITLE WRONG

[ Edited ]

@nougat wrote:

@dooBdoo

Very Helpful!! thank you teacher Heart

now, ipad is at least 8 years old, how do I get or make sure I have the most updated versions?  devices are always non-stop updating!  idk how to check/get this?

thanks Teach!

Hi, again, @nougat! ❤️  You're welcome!   

Hah! 🙃  "Teach" I'm not...  but you're very kind, and I thank you. 😊  Not sure I explain things well, and often it takes lots of attempts before I get the info across to the reader/listener.    But my heart is in the right place, and I try to help.

It might be best if I give you 2 links, first to be sure which model iPad you have and then how to check to see if the iOS software is up-to-date. 

You'll have to copy and past the link (URL) or do a search for the article title -- a direct link to Apple is a no-no here since they sell merchandise and that would be a "retail site link."

"Identify your iPad model"

support.apple.com/en-us/ht201471

and

"Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch"

support.apple.com/en-us/ht204204

Super Contributor

@dooBdoo

THANK YOU !  Heart