Esteemed Contributor

Kurig Water Temperature

[ Edited ]

Is there a trick to getting the temperature of the water to heat properly? They said it would heat to 160 degrees, but ours is no where near that. Or, did she say, 190? Either way, what comes out is lukewarm at best.

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

My Keurig has a temperature control,that I can adjust.I keep mine on the highest level for hot coffee  ☕️ & the lowest level for iced coffee. Do you have a temperature control on yours?

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

No, no temp control. It is the Mini Plus.

But the rep said over and over again about the "perfect" temperature.

Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa  If you’re coffee isn’t hot enough maybe you have a defective unit.You can either call c.s. & have them exchange it or you can call Keurig.They have helped me with issues in the past.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @NicksmomESQ! I will contact the company.

Respected Contributor

My Keurig Mini is about 5 years old.  When I make coffee I put mine in the microwave after brewing; the temp is fine for my hubby.  I put McDonald's in the micro too -I like it super hot but I add a lot of creamer which cools it down too.  

Esteemed Contributor

My Keurig makes my drinks burning hot. I have to let it cool for about 10 minutes

before I even attempt to drink them. I have mine for a year but don't use it in the

warm months.

Regular Contributor

I know it's a waste of water  but I fill my mug with hot water and let it set for a few minutes to warm my mug and then I use the Keurig.  My dishes are so cold when I take them out of the cupboard that food or drinks cool too quickly.  I find this keeps the coffee hot for a longer period.

Honored Contributor

Mine (K55, I think) doesn't have a temp. control and I wish it did.  I would like the coffee hotter than it is now.