New Contributor

I just ordered my second pair of these shears with the box cutter.(love that feature)

Unfortunately, these shears do not work well cutting "plastic" items:tyvec envelopes,

plastic bags, etc.

Honored Contributor

I've got these upstairs, kitchen, back porch, and garage, however you're right they aren't that great on soft plastic.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

These shears were a big disappointment except for the box cutter feature.

They were sharp for a bit, stick and won't lock closed☹️

the ones from Pampered Chef I've had 20 years+ are still the best still sharp and cut great!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kuhn Rikon Shears

[ Edited ]

I don't know what the issue is, but I did notice a difference in performance between the KR shears with the safety handles and the regular KR shears—the regular kind do a much better job and are actually quite a bit easier to maneuver. I have no problems using them on just about anything; they do great for pruning and gardening tasks and typical cutting tasks inside and outside the house. I wouldn't be without them to open clamshell packaging, chop through zip ties, and break down cardboard boxes.

ETA: Every year when they're on their holiday special, I buy more to make sure I have them on hand (even though my original few pairs are still going strong) and to give them as gifts.