Respected Contributor

Kuhn Rikon Mezzaluna Knife Set

[ Edited ]

I have been wanting a mezzaluna knife for a long time. When I saw K39520 which includes a straight cut and crinkle cut mezzaluna, I had to have it. The price was right and I got them in red. I especially wanted it for chopping herbs. Does anybody have this? Do you use it often?

Honored Contributor

Re: Kuhn Rikon Mezzaluna Knife Set

I recorded the show and watched it later in the day.  I wanted to order that set by Kuhn Rikon, but it is sold out and no waitlist available.   I was disappointed.   I was planning to order the purple.

Esteemed Contributor

two of the three came today....they look real nice but i haven't tried them as yet...i went to order more and they are sold out...

Honored Contributor

I saw these a while back in a presentation, and they looked like fun.   I'm in pretty good shape, knife-wise, so I haven't purchased them.  BUT, I've always enjoyed Kuhn-Rikon as a brand so they should be pretty decent.

Trusted Contributor

I jumped on that offer and I bought them in red as you did!  They just arrived and they are EXCELLENT!!  I'm so glad I was able to buy in time. 

You will be impressed at how comfortable they are to use and how efficiently both types work for easy chopping and cutting. 

The same Kuhn Rikon mezzaluna choppers are available on Amazon but sold as only one item, straight or crinkle,  for the price QVC  sold both as a set! 

Respected Contributor

Gizmogal, great to hear that, thanks!

Honored Contributor

try kohls they have a large section of kitchen items by Kuhn Ricon (at least in our local store).

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

I jumped on that offer and I bought them in red as you did!  They just arrived and they are EXCELLENT!!  I'm so glad I was able to buy in time. 

You will be impressed at how comfortable they are to use and how efficiently both types work for easy chopping and cutting. 

The same Kuhn Rikon mezzaluna choppers are available on Amazon but sold as only one item, straight or crinkle,  for the price QVC  sold both as a set! 

I recorded the show the day they were on and went to order and they were gone and no waitlist.  I really wanted those.  I saw, like you said, Amazon sells them as a single item and no color choice.  I hope QVC brings them back.  I did order the knife set that was on ITKWD today--was Kuhn Rikon also.  Got the knife holder too.  I appreciate that QVC offers color choices.  Haven't ordered from ITKWD for a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

I was lucky and ordered my set in purple, DH used them just last night for chopping up parsley and loved the straight blade, I personally have not used them yet but they are comfortable in the hand and DH said it worked well!