Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

A friend sent us a Kringle from the OH Danish bakery in Wisconsin.  Oh my , first it was beautifully packaged and then it is delicious. Ours is the flakiest pastry filled with a pecan brown sugar combination 🥰  It is quite large so part of it is in the freezer, but it is delightful and it it probably won't stay there long. Great gift !

@QVCkitty1 I live in Wisconsin, and believe me, they are so addicting, and so good, especially when you buy them fresh! Glad you enjoyed yours, I have sent many as gifts......

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Desert Lily wrote:

@QVCkitty1  I grew up on kringles and Danish pastries. My great aunt & uncle owned a Danish bakery. My favorite kringle is apple, and later they made kringles with chocolate filling. Try a Napoleon kringle sometime; it has layers of filling and decorative icing with the delicious flaky pastry. I moved away decades ago, and occasionally a friend or relative has sent me a kringle. I miss those great pastry delights! Enjoy yours!

@Desert Lily 

They sound absolutely sinful!!!Smiley Happy

I also live in Wisconsin.

They're available here all year long.

You can get them in the supermarkets and in the bakeries.

O&H Danish Bakery makes some really large ones and they also make them in different flavors.

I don't know if they still make the turtle one, with pecans, chocolate and caramel, I think.

Kringles are made with many flakey layers of phyllo dough and whatever filling is offered. 

I tend to mainly avoid them because they won't last long when I'm around--they're that good!! Smiley LOL

There's also another Danish bakery in Racine called Lehmann's that makes them too, and they're also very good. 

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Desert Lily wrote:

@QVCkitty1  I grew up on kringles and Danish pastries. My great aunt & uncle owned a Danish bakery. My favorite kringle is apple, and later they made kringles with chocolate filling. Try a Napoleon kringle sometime; it has layers of filling and decorative icing with the delicious flaky pastry. I moved away decades ago, and occasionally a friend or relative has sent me a kringle. I miss those great pastry delights! Enjoy yours!

@Desert Lily 

They sound absolutely sinful!!!Smiley Happy

I also live in Wisconsin.

They're available here all year long.

You can get them in the supermarkets and in the bakeries.

O&H Danish Bakery makes some really large ones and they also make them in different flavors.

I don't know if they still make the turtle one, with pecans, chocolate and caramel, I think.

Kringles are made with many flakey layers of phyllo dough and whatever filling is offered. 

I tend to mainly avoid them because they won't last long when I'm around--they're that good!! Smiley LOL

There's also another Danish bakery in Racine called Lehmann's that makes them too, and they're also very good. 

@Toppers3 and don't forget Bendtsen's Bakery in Racine, they have a carmelized crust on their kringles which is delicious! My husband used to buy one every week, and we had to stop-way too fattening and addicting! lol!

Honored Contributor

The almond one is my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @CANDLEQUEEN ,

I have to literally close my eyes whenever driving past a bakery that I know is going to sell kringles! Smiley LOL

If we pass any of the Danish bakeries when we're out and about, it's either one of the O&H Bakeries, or maybe Lehmann's if we're around that way. 

Oops..I forgot about Bendtsen's Bakery..so many great choices for us to choose from! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@red&curly wrote:

What is a kringle? Sounds yummy.

I never heard of them before this thread!