Occasional Contributor

I think that Kraft Foods lost a customer ME! I used to use the Kraft Parmesan Cheese lids on mason jars to store various things. Bought a container the other day and the lid is just a touch too small. Anyone else notice this? I am not a huge Kraft customer but it just irks me. Thanks for letting me vent!

Super Contributor

Re: Kraft Parmesan Cheese lids

I don't understand this. You are ""irked"" because Kraft won't make its products so that they accommodate another item? By your own words you are not much of a Kraft customer. Kind of silly really...

Honored Contributor

I use Mason jar lids on Mason jars but that is just me. Why don't you buy more Kraft cheese, wash the container out when it's empty & then store things in there?
Honored Contributor

You can't re-purpose your trash and it's Krafts fault????? Buy the cheese and re-use the jar and the lid. However, the Mason jars that I see always come with lids.
Respected Contributor

LOL, sorry I find this a silly notion. I've never bought it, but the last thing I'd think of is I had to have that lid for my canning jars. You can buy white plastic lids if you don't like metal rings.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I reuse the Kraft cheese containers, (we call it 'shaky cheese'). I keep flour in them for dusting my rolling pin/butcher block. I love the Ovaltine containers for brown/confectioners sugar storage. I can get an entire bag of sugar in one Ovaltine container.

Respected Contributor

So now even Kraft is shrinking packages! Hmmm I have to say that gets on my nerves, the whole shrinking package but keeping the same price thing. Sorry, O/T but even Tresemme shrunk it's huge shampoo bottle!

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 lacey1 said:

I reuse the Kraft cheese containers, (we call it 'shaky cheese'). I keep flour in them for dusting my rolling pin/butcher block. I love the Ovaltine containers for brown/confectioners sugar storage. I can get an entire bag of sugar in one Ovaltine container.

These are some great ideas! Thank you! I just realized too, you gave me an idea for using the cheese containers for dusting cocoa over desserts and powdered sugar! Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

I use them to store popcorn kernel, but love the flour and cocoa ideas.
Super Contributor

I dont use Kraft parm for about 2 yrs. now we use 4 C. Lots better