Honored Contributor

Kitchenaid TSV 13 Cup Food Processor.....

I'm so incredibly frustrated.

First let me explain that I am no slouch at mechanics and half the time don't even need instructions for a device. I bought the 13 Cup TSV and familiarized myself with all the attachments and studied the instruction booklet for a full week before trying it. I have wanted this machine for TWO YEARS~! I also know that there are sensors in this device that will not allow the operator to turn it on unless all items are properly in place and locked. My triple engineer DH and myself just spent an hour and a half with full instructions and CAN'T GET THE THING TO TURN ON.

Followed each step precisely as written over and over again! Nothing happened. If I'VE done something incorrectly that is not enabling this machine to work, then it is WAY too touchy for me to consider keeping. If it's not working because there is a mechanical error somewhere, then it has to go back anyway. It's a beautiful looking machine but my gawd.... is all this really necessary?

I understand wanting to make a safe device. I understand about liabilities, but I can't believe that in an hour and a half of precisely following directions (this was for the basic slicer) that we didn't "hit" on the magic variable/combination that would make this machine work.

Sad to say, it has to go back.... {#emotions_dlg.sad}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid TSV 13 Cup Food Processor.....

Go to the kitchenaid website and see if they offer up any solutions.

Or just Google some of the words and see what pops up. Make sure you say Kitchen aid and what it is.

If you are having trouble, my guess is that other people are probably experiencing the same problem.

I've had the same problem (can't turn the darn thing on)!! I wanted to try the unit out, slicing an onion...let me tell you, sifting through the instructional manual (enclosed with the pkg'ing) took me forever. After struggling with the "correct pin assembly", struggling with the blade in 'just so', etc (my husband even came to my "mechanical" rescue and voila.....nothing happened !!!! I kept saying to myself, I should have just gotten out the cutting board and one of my knives (we wants to spend 20 minutes simply slicing an onion?? Yes, I've waited quite some time to purchase this specific item ..... as the previous writer, I'm sending mine back.
Honored Contributor

Do they have a 800 or support # you can call? I totally understand your frustrations with these newer things, I.e., I received a brand new Singer sewing machine (left w the home I bought still in box) ok I donate my 30 yr old machine (dumbness thing I ever did worked fine) well I have tried and tried to thread this machine .....after hours of frustration to get it to work I called Singer, Duh --- it self threads automatically. Sad to say, it's still sitting in the box as I can't get it to work and I love to sew! So I feel your frustration. Hope you can figure it out! Good luck!
Honored Contributor

oops double post!
Valued Contributor

try using the cover from the dicer, it's less complicated.

Respected Contributor

The only thing I can think of is the fill line, the large plunger has to be able to go down to it to turn on. So you can't actually fill that chute. My 12 cup is the same way.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

Who would have ever thought that a food processor would need a process to get it process in the first place.. :-)

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. As I mentioned, I am no slouch in the mechanical department. This should be easier than this.... and I totally realize the liability regarding the company and providing an appliance that can do a lot of damage to you.... but I'm still (after sleeping on it)... totally frustrated with the entire thing and will not devote more time to this project. I have reviewed some videos and I swear I did everything the way it was shown. I don't understand what variable I'm doing wrong... and will NOT do this every single time I want to use a different component/attachment to the machine.

And then there's always the possibility that one of the "sensors" isn't working properly....

Oh... and DH as I mentioned has 3 Engineering Degrees and he (after an hour & a half) just walked away shaking his head. This has been ridiculous.... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

LOL, maybe it's too simple for you engineers? It runs exactly like my 12 cup. I've sliced, diced, and shredded with out a single problem. Smiley Wink

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*