Honored Contributor

Kitchenaid Spiralizer Attachment

Got mine last week but haven't tried it yet. Has anyone used it? Think I will today and I'll come back and give a report.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Spiralizer Attachment

I've had mine for about six weeks-and I love it. I routinely make zucchini noodles and stir fry them, or I spritz them with EVOO, cut up some onion and sprinkle a little cumin on them and pop them in my air fryer for a delicious little snack or addition to salad. Sweet potatoes are great spiralizer as well: I have used them to make "waffles" and I recently saw a muffin recipe. BTW, I used the "string" attachment, but you can also use the larger "corkscrew" attachment and make chips or fries. Spiralizer potatoes certainly dress up a crock pot roast....or how about spiralizer carrots in place of routine noodles in your chicken soup? Spiralizer beets (raw) are delightful in salad....and there is just no limit to what you can do with Apple's. Once you see how easy it is-and clean-up is a snap, you will want to use it everyday.

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl@Poodlepet2

Thanx for the ideas - just got mine but haven't even opened the box yet!

Respected Contributor

Amazon has some great spiralizer cook books: I just picked up an e-book for $2.99 and the recipes look great  I have Ali Maffuci's "Inspiralized" hard cover and it's filled with easy, healthy recipes. Let the fun begin!

Poodlepet2

Super Contributor

I ordered mine from Macy's on Sunday after Black Friday - it still hasn't arrived - I think it took the slow boat. It will be 2  weeks from order date to arrival date. That's ridiculous. I can't wait to get it and try it.

i just purchased the KitchenAid 5 qt 325W Tilt Head Stand Mixer w/ Glass Bowl & FlexEdge Beater...with the wire whip; dough hook; Flat Beater; and Flex Edge Beater.  I want to buy more attachements but have no idea where to look.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

bigbadjohn--google kitchenaid attachments--Amazon has them , Macys and of course the kitchenaid website but they are pretty pricy so prepare yourself.

So I did use my spiralizer last night and it worked ok. Will have to use it more to fine tune it. I tried to peel spuds but ended up having to peel them again.. And I cut zucchini into big ribbons  and that turned out great. Coated them with butter and herbs then sprinkled with parm cheese. I think the key is to find and use the right size produce and it will work better. My spuds were too small and oddly shaped. I have a spiralizer that is a hand crank that did a great job but having dexterity issues makes that hard for me. This is much easier. But it was easy to assemble and I have the most basic mixer that I  got 15 years ago and it attached just fine and had enough power for it to do it's thing. Will continue to experiment. It is fun!!

Respected Contributor

For ideas on what attachments, go onto the KA web-site, but be sure to check other sites for prices once you know what attachment you want.  So far, I love and use them all except one. So far, I have been dissatisfied with the food processor attachment. I bought it for our weekend place thinking I would save money because it seemed like a powerful little tool. Last Sunday was the first night of Chanukah so I used the fine shredding attachment for potatoes. My mixer there is 20 years old and still works: perhaps the motor is a little too elderly, but I spent more time disassembling and cleaning than I did shredding. You can't mix in the bowl either. So far, that is the only attachment I am not loving. I love the pasta attachment. I have a Vitamix and There is nothing like fresh milled whole wheat flour: store bought will never "do" again, but I am thinking about getting the grain mill attachment. I make a lot of "specialty" flours such as garbanzo bean. It all depends on what you like to make, but appliances like the KA stand mixer are fantastic for home cooks. BTW, I recently found some cheap, "vintage" KA recipe books that are chock full of treasures. (I found them on Amazon, but check out EBay as well). What do you like to make?

Poodlepet2

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I used this item last night and made hasselback spuds using the slicer and it turned out great. Got the right sized potatoes which made a big difference. So I  will continue to experiment, and use the size veggies it recommends Was fun and the spuds were delicious!!.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered one yesterday, from Target, for $75 plus free shipping.  I'm looking forward to receiving it.