Frequent Contributor

Hello all, I have the Kitchenaid Mixer that has the 5 qt. glass bowl, I bought it here at the Q. Does anyone know if the accessory bowls they sell will fit any mixer? I would like a couple metal bowls in smaller sizes, that glass bowl is huge and too big for some of my recipes.

Super Contributor

I purchased a 5 quart metal bowl to use instead of my glass bowl, as the glass one is too heavy to lift. I don't know about a smaller bowl fitting properly. You might want to call Kitchen Aid customer service. In addition I don't bake in large quantities and I have never found the 5 qt. to be a problem.

Valued Contributor

I was in a home last week and the lady had a beautifu copper kitchenaid on her counter with a beautiful shiney copper kitchenaid bowl in it. It sure was pretty.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

The bowls will fit--as long as you check the bowl you buy for your model type. I have an Artisan with metal bowl and bought an aftermarket glass bowl and it fits GREAT. You can do the reverse--buy the glass model and add a steel bowl. It's good to have both types. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone. I followed your advice and today I bought the metal bowl that will fit my Artisan 5 qt. so I can use both. I got it today on easy pay. My mixer is the most beautiful gold kind of sparkly finish. It looks so pretty in the kitchen.