Valued Contributor

She is very thorough at explaining her products and her recipes. Slowly and calmly. She never over talks her hosts just waits until given the opportunity to talk. Very professional.

Valued Contributor

I agree that she is knowledgable but I need to mute the TV when she is on.  The pitch of her voice sounds like chalk on a blackboard to me.  I am surprised that someone isn't working with her to lower her pitch.  It's  a shame because she really knows her product.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was Laura! I had the TV on, but only listening. I knew Laura was no longer a vendor, but I looked up when I heard the voice. 

@ValuSkr wrote:

I think it's remarkable that the new one's (Tina's) manner of speaking is very similar to Laura's.  It's as if she was recruited because she sounded like Laura.

Trusted Contributor

Re: KitchenAid Lady's Name

[ Edited ]

@Winkk wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I think it's remarkable that the new one's (Tina's) manner of speaking is very similar to Laura's.  It's as if she was recruited because she sounded like Laura.

Funny how we all see and hear differently.  I don't like Tina's voice at all, she sounds like a 12 year old.  But, she is very knowledgeable.

@Winkk

similar to the lady who makes the potstickers.  Yes?

Respected Contributor

I agree.! I thought it was her daughter at first.Weird simularity.

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I thought it was Laura! I had the TV on, but only listening. I knew Laura was no longer a vendor, but I looked up when I heard the voice. 

@ValuSkr wrote:

@TX-starlight@ValuSkr

I watched for a few mins yesterday. I think she sounds a little different now. I think her voice sounds or sounded like Laura's because she was her mentor.

I have noticed the same with new Hosts. They sound like & have movements like the Host that mentored them. Eventually they seem to get off that track when they get on their own.

I hardly ever watch Q but have noticed this.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I agree.! I thought it was her daughter at first.Weird simularity.

We'll just call her Laura Jr.   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: KitchenAid Lady's Name

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@TX-starlight@ValuSkr

I watched for a few mins yesterday. I think she sounds a little different now. I think her voice sounds or sounded like Laura's because she was her mentor.

I have noticed the same with new Hosts. They sound like & have movements like the Host that mentored them. Eventually they seem to get off that track when they get on their own.

I hardly ever watch Q but have noticed this.

@Nightowlz

It’s like deja vu?

Or maybe like being in the Twilight Zone.  Smiley Surprised

Strange isn’t it? That the two sound alike.  Smiley Very Happy

Hung

Valued Contributor

On QVC Laura Weathers still makes ocassional guest appearances like she did with her latest cookbook which I highly recommend.

Also all those QVC video's with David Veneble and Laura Weathers are also listed on youtube to watch again if desired.

Valued Contributor

My husband said she sounded like Minnie Mouse on sunday.  I said.... Well, Minnie mouse is cute.  Smiley Happy