Respected Contributor

KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender

Does anyone have this blender and have any opinions good or bad on it?

I love the raspberry ice color and need a blender that crushes ice completely in a smoothie. I have a Ninja that is 400 watts and this Kitchen Aid is equal to almost 700 watts per the horsepower listed.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender

I own the KA Diamond Blender. Replaced my KA 5 speed with the Diamond. Had it for over 20 years. For my use, morning smoothie, fresh strawberries, banana, yogurt, milk it's great. That's about all I use it for. So much better than the 5 speed in that I don't have to chop up all the strawberries. The 5 speed left the berries  in pieces, which of course you don't want in a smoothie. The Diamond, no need to chop up the berries.

Do have design issues with this blender. Nothing is perfect. For one, the container, it's too tall and has groves in the side. Why I don't like it? You have to use a scapper to get all the "good stuff" out. A smooth container, & one that is not so tall is easier to scrape out the ingredients you put in. I prefer the look of my old 5 speed KA. Glass container, shorter. Oh well. Got a good price from KA on the Diamond. Hope this helps.