Respected Contributor

i'm in the market for a spiralizer. i have one on amazon list, but still trying to decide if i will use enough.

i have nicer dicer and love it. hubbs even uses it now.

i just bought a scraper/beater for my KA. love.

Honored Contributor

My "problem" is that there is nothing that I need.  That makes me kind of sad, because I love new kitchen items.

I'm glad to see this thread, though, because it reminded me that I need to search the Internet for a replacement bowl for my 25 year old Cuisinart food processor.  It finally cracked so badly that I can't use it, but the motor is still going strong.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

It turns out the replacement parts I need are going to be quite pricey.

Has anyone replaced parts like this? Is it worth it?  I hate to throw out a perfectly good machine because the bowl has cracked.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 7.03.46 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I have the same processor from Cuisinart. I just got the new blade last week as a result of the recall. Guess I'm lucky in that when I bought my Cuisinart, I got a bonus plastic bowl that I have never used. Mostly use the processor to make pesto, hummus and slice cucumbers for icebox pickles.

Valued Contributor

Just went online today and ordered a new Broan range hood in white for my new kitchen remodel.  Nothing really fancy, but better than I have now..Anxious to get it installed..(Am gradually collecting essential items, and remodeling should start within the next month)..Cannot wait!!

Respected Contributor
@chessylady Where did you get the different colored seals from? I've done yogurt in mine with the same seal I've used for everything else and didn't notice a flavor, but having extra seals is a good thing.
Respected Contributor

The brand name is Netany and I got them on Amazon, just over $15 for three. I wanted to have extras onhand in case mine gets damaged. Some people say they don't taste the savory flavor in yogurt and some do.

Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Has anyone replaced parts like this? Is it worth it?  I hate to throw out a perfectly good machine because the bowl has cracked.

You might want to check out e-bay.  They have several replacement bowls available right now on their website.  Good luck in your search!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@house_cat, I got an extra bowl when I bought mine so many years ago- I am in Glendora- If I can find it its yours!..I might have given it away already though..havent seen it in some time...

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

The brand name is Netany and I got them on Amazon, just over $15 for three. I wanted to have extras onhand in case mine gets damaged. Some people say they don't taste the savory flavor in yogurt and some do.

Thanks!  I've got them now!  Thanks again for the awesome share!