Respected Contributor

Kitchen Purchases

[ Edited ]

I went online today and bought some kitchen goodies. I bought something called the Vidalia Chopper Pro vegetable dicer. It is similiar to the Nicer Dicer, BPA free with two dicer blade sizes. My Nicer Dicer bit the dust about six months ago and I miss it,

My Instant Pot pressure cooker is about 15 months old. I love it and have made many savory foods but now I want to make yogurt and cheesecake. You need to reserve a silicone seal just for yogurt and cheesecake so I bought three different colored seals to keep for that purpose so savory flavors do not bleed into my sweet. I also ordered the highly rated Fat Daddio anodized  aluminum 6x3 inch cheesecake pan. Can't wait till they arrive.

Super Contributor

I don't know about the Instant Pot and silicone seals. I wanted something like the Nicer Dicer so now I know what to get. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Yay!  Enjoy the new goodies, @chessylady.  I just got a much-needed new microwave - gives my kitchen a lift.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I bought a new OXO Masher that I'm in love with.

I read that this style of masher works better than the zigzag type  - and oh my gosh, that is so true! It takes a lot less time to mash potatoes, and the potatoes come out smoother.

I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Here's what it looks like:

OXO Good Grips® Smooth Potato Masher

Honored Contributor

i bought a few new kitchen tools too---

lemon/lime hand squeezer

avocado tool--awesome !!!

pineapple corer

Super Contributor

I just got myself a KA Artisan stand mixer. I have wanted one for years and got an email from Wayfair with an offer I couldn't refuse.🤑

Regular Contributor

I HAve the nicer dicer in 3 versions and use the rectangle version all the time, I LOVE IT.

Respected Contributor

good luck with your new mixer.its worth it. we had our for 11 years and we love it. this week we got a new microwave and our first 14 peice set of lock and lock bowls.

Valued Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I went online today and bought some kitchen goodies. I bought something called the Vidalia Chopper Pro vegetable dicer. It is similiar to the Nicer Dicer, BPA free with two dicer blade sizes. My Nicer Dicer bit the dust about six months ago and I miss it,

What I like about the Vidalia Chopper vs the Nicer Dicer is the smaller dice blade.  I use that 90% of the time.  I've often looked at the Nicer Dicer because it has more blades and good reviews but I've yet to find one that has the smaller dicing blade.  Hope you like it!!

Respected Contributor

@peachesncream  I purchased this years ago at Kitchen Kapers and also think it's one of the best gadgets in my kitchen.  I don't know about yours, but mine is made of silicone which doesn't scratch anything.