Respected Contributor

im just like that in the kitchen allso. when my wife cooks shes very neat. when im in the kitchen i make a mess allso. i dont clean as i go i just clean up when im done cooking or baking. when we first live togeather 18 years ago. i got home first so i cooked super and made a carrot cake and made cream cheese froasting. when maria came in she was like what happened to the kitchen. all counters table and portable dishwasher had dirty dishes on everything. once we ate i then cleaned up kitchen and dishes. some of us just dont do neat. so your not alone.

Honored Contributor

Thanks all, Im glad Im not alone.  Most of the time I do try and clean as I go, sometimes it just doesnt happen.  As much as I try not to slop when I stir it always happens.  That just me so I embrase it, clean up and go on.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

IF ONLY WE ALL HAD SOMEONE GO BEHIND US AND CLEAN UP AFTER I DO LOVE TO COOK BUT THE CLEAN UP ! UGH!

Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchen Confession!

[ Edited ]

I already confessed that I'm a disorganized cook and can be clumsy with splatters, but one thing I absolutely have to do is clean up dirty stuff as I go along. 

The dishwasher stands open, pieces get rinsed off and loaded into the washer, and then I move on to the next mess I'm going to create to serve the meal.

LOL!!

Esteemed Contributor

Natalie Dupree! Do you know who she is?

I have great space for cooking & baking. When I'm in a hurry, I tend to let things fly and spat wherever until the very end of my prepping. Except for any trash like onion skins, jar lids, etc., where I will throw them in one part of the skin to clean up at the end.

Natalie is a TV chef personality, and she slopped like something else! My DD and I call each other Natalie Dupree whenever we're making a mess in the kitchen!

Honored Contributor

Me! Me! Me!  I do have to clean dishes as I go or I would quickly run out of space, but it's still a mess.  Anything involving flour is all over the place no matter how hard I try.

Respected Contributor

From the book titled -' She will never Learn' ... I will stack all dishes used to prepare in my sink ..then have to move to the side of it to either hand wash or pre-rinse before putting in the dw! thus moving items 2 sometimes 3 xs...not the epitome of efficiency !In my defense I have a small kitchen and need the counter space to prepare  . Oh well as Mom always told me be grateful. If you have dirty dishes it means you had food . Some people don't!

@Icegoddessflour can be evil !Smiley Happy the way it poufs!!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Thanks all, Im glad Im not alone.  Most of the time I do try and clean as I go, sometimes it just doesnt happen.  As much as I try not to slop when I stir it always happens.  That just me so I embrase it, clean up and go on.

=========

I'm just like you. Can't even imagine what our kitchen would look like if I made batches of yeast bread like my mom did. Luckily my husband offers to do the dishes. It's not that I'm a bad housekeeper but I am a messy cook.

Honored Contributor

hey sister !!!! My kitchen looks like a bomb went off after I cook--have tried to clean as I go but I must be missing that gene for organiztion. When I cooked for other people---OMG---it took me hours to clean it all up-----thought it might be cuzz my kitchen is small but can you imagine what it would look like in a big, spacious kitchen--yikes!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I love to bake and I can be messy/creative. I don't clean as I go....my husband does that when we cook together and it drives me crazy. I am very fast with my movements and he is always at the sink cleaning up.   Accccckkkkkkkk!