Esteemed Contributor

Had to change the channel on David's show when he was showing the Kitchen Aid TSV.  The lady rep knows her stuff, but I just can't get past her voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I was hoping over time I would get immune to it.  Having not heard her for a while, I realized I will never get used to that voice JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3  It's so funny you say that because DH and I love to hear her! If you'll recall, Laura Weathers had a distinctive voice. She was with KA for many years. When she retired and they finally landed on Tina V., we said Yep! she's the one. She seems like the real thing.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

Had to change the channel on David's show when he was showing the Kitchen Aid TSV.  The lady rep knows her stuff, but I just can't get past her voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I was hoping over time I would get immune to it.  Having not heard her for a while, I realized I will never get used to that voice JMO.

ITA.  It's worse when she tries to talk over using the Kitchen-Aid.  It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

She's such a sweet girl, and a wonderful baker it seems, and knows her stuff. I've bought quite a few things that she has demonstrated. Can't believe you or anyone else would bring up such a thing. Maybe she was born with this voice, so QVC should get rid of her , because it annoys you. Shame on you.  

Respected Contributor

OMG, I know we all complain at times, but because of someone's voice.  This lady knows her stuff and certainly knows how to "sell" products.  It's not a hard sell, Tina gives you knowledge and let's you decide to buy or not.  She doesn't come strutting around the studio wearing PJ's or something she'd clean the house with.  Nor does she wear glasses sliding down her nose.  Does she really need them or are they for show. There's nothing wrong about wearing glasses -- some people love them. I've worn the about 70 out of my 75 years and hated them.  My happiest day was when I was told I needed cataract surgery.  I could finally get rid of them.  Guess I'm finished with my rant.  

One more time -- I think Tina is wonderful!!!

Honored Contributor

I would had like to have bought that ,but could not,she does know her stuff,i watched when rick was on for a bit ,last night.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I haven't heard her, as I am not a fan of KA.   I don't want to disrespect this individual, as I have no familiarity whatsoever with her.  But for some people like me, a high pitched voice will go through you like a dull knife through the brain.   Maybe that's what some people experience.

I have extreme tinnitis and I'm pretty sure that doesn't help.  But any time I hear a high-pitched voice it just makes my head feel like it's going to blow up.   When I'm in person with somebody who has a high-pitched voice it's a tough job to not appear reactive and continue to be gracious but you have no idea how badly I want to escape it!     For me, that's about me not that person.  Heck, I don't have a voice that would win any awards either so I'm not on some high-horse.   Smiley Happy   

Occasional Contributor

Wah Wah. I really like her. She shows you how to actually use the product, posts all her demo recipes online, and has a great cookbook too. Not like someone can change their voice unless you want them to be fake.