Super Contributor

Unfortunately, I totally agree. I am not trying to be mean, but I canot listen to her. I literally turn the channel off or mute the tv until the KA lady is gone.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

Oh my goodness, please, please get a different KA rep!  I was trying to watch her on ITKWD and I gave up.  Oh my, but her voice grates!  I can't imagine a woman of her age talking like that!

You can't be real! We all talk the way our voices are, and I like her, can't believe you woman upset over the way people sound.And they should get someone new because her voice grates.So childish.What does age have to do with how someone sounds.? 

Regular Contributor

I so agree with you!!. 

I change channels when she is on.  When my husband makes a cooment about what are you watching regarding the voice it has to be bad.  Now of course, QVC will poof this thread cause we are being unkind!

But QVC needs to realize that she turns off more customers than she attracts. Kitchen Aid needs to get a different rep and soon! Everyone was born with a certain type of voice but that does not mean that every voice is pleasant to listen to and Kitchen Aid needs to be a little more selective in who represents their products!

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

Oh my goodness, please, please get a different KA rep!  I was trying to watch her on ITKWD and I gave up.  Oh my, but her voice grates!  I can't imagine a woman of her age talking like that!

You can't be real! We all talk the way our voices are, and I like her, can't believe you woman upset over the way people sound.And they should get someone new because her voice grates.So childish.What does age have to do with how someone sounds.? 

@HLP It is a fair criticism of someone who is on tv and whose job is talking.  It is a job requirement to have a pleasant voice.  You can't irritate people so much they don't watch and keep a position like tv sales.  

The poor woman can overcome this if she will get some help and coaching.  You can't keep a job if you aren't able to do it well.  That's just common sense.  

Esteemed Contributor

If you've watched her since she first came to the Q, it's obvious that Tina has worked hard on her voice and presentation skills. In the beginning, I found it much more difficult to listen to her than I do now. And she's such a sweet, lovely, knowledgeable woman that I really enjoy her presentations.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like her alot !!! Her voice doesn't bother me at all and I think she  is very good at her job ....

Valued Contributor

She sounds a lot like the other one did, Laura, but I am OK with it.  She does seem very knowledgable.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@HLP.  Not every person is suited for every job.  If enough people find your voice quality to be unpleasant, you're probably not suited for broadcasting.  My question is...why was she hired in the first place?  My guess is someone at KA, who knows nothing about TV requirements, hired her.  I agree that she's not pleasant to listen to; I change the channel when she comes  on.  If customers won't listen to her, what's the point of her being there?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

If you've watched her since she first came to the Q, it's obvious that Tina has worked hard on her voice and presentation skills. In the beginning, I found it much more difficult to listen to her than I do now. And she's such a sweet, lovely, knowledgeable woman that I really enjoy her presentations.

@loriqvc.  I don't see any change.  I need more than sweet, lovely and knowledgeable to convince me to buy something.  I NEED TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

She could make more doing voice overs and commercials.