Contributor

Kitchen Aid Processor vs Cuisinart

I have had a Cuisinart processor for many years.  It's getting a little tired so I began my search for a 13 cup Cuisinart with no results.

now I'm watching and I see the KitchenAid processor with the larger capacity.

does anyone think the KitxhenAid would be as good as the Cuisinart?

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Processor vs Cuisinart

[ Edited ]

I've owned both brands, and prefer the Cuisinart.  The model I own is the Cuisinart Custom 14 Cup.  I paid about $300 a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't think you can beat the Cuisinart brand for quality.  I never hear anything negative about their products, whereas I've read of plenty of Kitchen Aid disasters. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I am not surprised, but the question might be what percentage of each has shown problems.   I assume far more KA's have been sold than Cuisinarts which means lots more to go wrong.

Super Contributor

I just logged in to ask the very same question.  I've had the Cuisinart in my wish list for awhile, but with the KitchenAid TSV today, I thought I'd see what others thought.   I have many other KitchenAid appliances and have been very pleased, so I would consider switching brands.  Based on the replies so far, though, it sounds like the Cuisinart is the preferred brand. 

Occasional Contributor

I had a KA to for years that the container broke and it wasn't worth replacing. I own a Cuisinart now and I'm happy with it. However, I will say I see some real improvements with this model of fp, and if I was in the market to get one, I would strongly consider it.
Honored Contributor

Cuisinart rules, accept no substitutions. LOL

Respected Contributor

@littlerock 

I personally would stay away from any appliances from the Q or HSN.

Almost all the time they have their own model number assigned to them and if you ever need a replacement, it's a lot of work.

Plenty of good deals from Kohl's, Best Buy, Walmart or any store you can actually walk in and say, here it doesn't work, help me.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Cuisinart rules, accept no substitutions. LOL

@SharkE I 100 percent agree with your comments.  And I bought my first one in the late 1970's--gave it to mom and upgraded and that first one lasted almost 30 years.  

I am on my third one now (still have the second one but the 3d one is smaller) and have never had one wear out or not perform.  I tried a KA and it wasn't up to snuff for me.  Kept my old Cuisinart. 

Honored Contributor

I'm on my 2nd cuisinart 11 cup--the first one lasted 20 years--got it on sale at Macys for under the price of the KA tsv, with free shipping a few years ago.