Super Contributor

I have the lift stand mixer in tangerine and a glass bowl, do they sell a metal bowl for the lift stand? I would really like the tsv but the one I have is brand new, I would like to sell it too much for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Mixer Question

You can purchase a metal replacement bowl for your mixer. They usually sell for about $50.
Honored Contributor

I have the Professional version with the bowl lift. It came with a metal bowl. My understanding is that there are a couple of different metal bowls. You should be able to get one, just make sure it's the one for your particular model of mixer.

Contributor

Bed bath and beyond should have them. Also Amazon.com
Valued Contributor

My bowl lift mixer came with the metal bowl. I've probably had it about 15 years.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the 6qt Lift stand mixer that was the TSV Dec 2013 that came with the glass bowl. QVC has in stock the stainless steel bowl that goes with all 5qt or 6qt Lift stand's.

K117061

- KitchenAid 6-Quart Bowl with Handle - $49.99 and 3EP's $16.66

Mix things up in this stainless steel bowl, conveniently equipped with an ergonomic handle. Designed for use with all KitchenAid 5- and 6-qt household stand mixers, this sturdy bowl fits into brackets on your mixer's base for a secure hold--even when working with the heaviest of doughs. From KitchenAid.

KN2B6PEH 6-quart bowl

Fits both 5-qt and 6-qt bowl-lift mixers

Dishwasher safe

Measures 11-1/5" x 8-2/5" x 9-9/10"; 6-qt capacity

1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

There is this disclaimer in the reviews: This bowl DOES fit the F Series mixers...you just can't use the F Series attachments with it, as they are specifically designed for the F Series glass bowl. This bowl must be used with the regular 6 qt mixer attachments and then it works beautifully.

Since this bowl does not come with any beaters it sounds like you would have to order them separately.

http://www.qvc.com/KitchenAid-6-Quart-Bowl-with-Handle.product.K117061.html?sc=K117061-ISRC

Super Contributor

Thanks ladies, the metal bowl is not available. If I understand correctly if I got the metal bowl I would have to buy new beaters?

Occasional Contributor

I bought the 6qt with the glass bowl last year also. I previously had an older 6qt with a metal bowl. I kept the metal bowl and beaters and they work with the newer 6 qt mixer. The beaters that come with the glass bowl are smaller than the ones that work with the metal bowl. The outside of the bowls are the same size but since the glass is thicker than the metal the inside of the glass bowl is smaller so slightly smaller beaters are needed.