Contributor

Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Attachment

I ordered the attachment from ITKWD on Sunday and yesterday read some reviews on the KA web site. Some complained of blue liquid leaking after a while. I asked Tina about that and she said it may have been from putting it in the dishwasher. I'm hoping I get a good product but I won't be putting it in the dishwasher. Just a head's up for anyone else who ordered one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Attachment

Did they say it was dishwasher safe?  I didn't think any of the ones where you freeze the container were supposed to go in the dishwasher.

On another note, they were talking about the capacity like that was something special, but my Cuisinart is a 2-qt, and I thought that was a common size for that type.  The ones that make a tiny amount are the type where you don't freeze the container, so the machine itself has to actively freeze it.

Trusted Contributor

I also own the Cuisinart ice cream maker now for a few years.  I just rinse the freezer bowl out and keep it in a corner of my freezer so it's always frozen. 

Respected Contributor

i got the kitchen aid ice cream maker for christmas. my wife asked my what i want for christmas. i said a kitchen aid ice cream maker. she said are you serious. yup i am. i have used it 6 times and i love it. i keep it in the frezzer so its ready and its not dishwasher safe. just 2 of the the peices that mix ice cream are dishwasher safe but i hand wash them to. it all cleans very easy. i have made strawberry, cookies n cream a couple times, and a chocolate ice cream made with nutella. all ice cream came out really good.  the book tells you to turn your frezzer up to the coldest setting to frezze ice cream maker but not nessesary. it frezzes good over night. good luck with it and i hope you love as much as i do.

Contributor

Thanks for that info. I am really looking forward to making some ice cream. I plan to keep the container in my freezer to be ready when I need it. I am glad it is working for you. I want to make some sorbets also.