Honored Contributor

Keurig Descale Light Won’t Go Out

Went thru the entire rescaling procedure but light is still flashing.  Ugh.  I can't figure out why.  Googled it and everything and no answers.  Guess I'll call their CS tomorrow if I have to.

New Contributor

Re: Keurig Descale Light Won’t Go Out

Good luck!  I had this same problem.  Keurig replaced it.  The same thing happened again and then smoke started coming out of the unit.  They replaced that one.  I just through the third one in the trash as it did the same thing.  I previosly had one that lasted 8 years.  They have put too many features on their machines so I feel they are not well made.

Honored Contributor

Guess I may have to go back to my coffee brewer.

Valued Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me back in August and I only had bought the newer one earlier in the year.  They also replaced it and so far, so good but then again, I didn't get a notification to descale yet.  If it happens again, I'll call them again as I did register this one as well.  I feel it's on them to replace!  

The older model I had in the past, lasted forever and never a problem!  I guess just like anything, newer models aren't made as well and don't last.  Guess I should've just kept the older model until it died out!  

Frequent Contributor

I just descaled my Keurig Supreme from the last TSV from Keurig a few months ago.  It is tricky.  I looked up on Google how to descale a Keurig Supreme.  You have to put it in Descale Mode for the light to go off:

Put the Descale Solution with the amount of water it says in the tank.

THEN to put in Descale Mode, power off,  push the 8 oz and 12 oz buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.  The brew button will then flash.  Press the brew button until it says add water.

Add water to the max line and keep pushing the flashing brew button after each cycle until the descale light is off.

It worked for me!

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  Did you use Keurig Descaling Solution, or white vinegar?  I've used both, and while the vinegar worked, it took a whole lot longer to rinse out of the system than the commercial solution did.  The first time I tried to descale, I made the mistake of NOT turning the power off first, and the light never went off, I had to go to the Keurig website and re-read the instructions, and that's when I discovered my mistake, so I had to go through the whole procedure again.  Anyway, I figured I'd share my experience, just in case it helps.  If you turned the power off, pushed the two volume buttons simultaneously, pushed the brew button over and over, dumping each cup of descaler until you got to the add water light, let the brewer sit for half an hour, then dumped the last of the descaler, added fresh water, and brewed until the brewer thought the system was flushed, and the light is still on, then call Keurig on Monday, and hopefully your brewer is still under warranty and they will send you a new one.  If you did use white vinegar, you might try running another entire cycle with the commercial descaler, it coulld be your water is hard enough that white vinegar isn't doing the trick.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP The first time (a couple months ago) I used vinegar and all went fine.  This time I used the solution and did all the other things you said and it still won't stop.  I called CS this morning and they said "go ahead and continue to use the brewer with the light flashing, it will be fine."  I said NO, it's not fine.  There were numerous complaint review with same issue.  Finally he said they would send another but first I had to take a photo of the botton and proof of purchase.  I bought it off HSN so my order info will have to suffice.  I am still waiting for the email he was supposed to send so that I can attach all requested info.  We will see.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshinestory   I couldn't find a Descale setting on my Keurig Supreme.  Where is it located?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Guess I may have to go back to my coffee brewer.

Try Cuisinart one. Have had mine for almost 6 years with no issues. Went through a Keurig every 8-12 months previously. Kuerigs very poor quality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

@sunshinestory   I couldn't find a Descale setting on my Keurig Supreme.  Where is it located?

@KatieB  There isn't a setting (design flaw, IMO). You have to turn the machine off.  Check the kcup holder and empty it. Fill the pitcher with your descaling solution. Then, to go through the process, press the 8 oz. and 12 oz. at the same time for a few seconds until the K flashes.  Press the K.  Make sure you have a cup to collect the dispensed solution.  Dump it and repeat until you use up all the cleaning solution.  Then repeat with pitcher of clear water.