Esteemed Contributor

Re: KITCHENAID MINI STAND MIXER

@SharkE wrote:

For the budget conscious Walmart has one on sale for 199 in todays circular

Sorry for the blank post - prob w/laptop!

Yes, @SharkE, I've seen some of the KA's selling fpr that - but, the mini has not cpme down to that.  The $210 charge includes the mini, sales tax and free shipping.  Walmart wwas selling the mini yesterday fot $219 and free shipping. 

Think these mini's on sale are in the colors which haven't been the best movers - like the Q used to do on cooking shows.

Honored Contributor

Spent 268 on my KA red mini in Oct of 2016. Was 329 used 20% off coupon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme - The KA mini stand mixers have a specialized set of colors, so it is likely that the selection available anywhere will be an interesting assortment of options.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE 

This one just comes with the basics.  It doesn't have the bowl scraper thing, the plastic things you attach for adding ingredients; and only comes with the basic metal bowl.  Plus it comes in limited color choices in that price range (don't think they offered redWoman Wink).

Also KA still celebrating their 100th so think that's why they are having specials.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@eddyandme - The KA mini stand mixers have a specialized set of colors, so it is likely that the selection available anywhere will be an interesting assortment of options.

Yes, @loriqvc .  The mini comes in many nice new colors.  I really liked the aqua color (that looks like mint) and the white pearl seen on Q.  But, those colors weren't offered at the reduced price.  I think I'm gonna like the avocado cream - hoping so anyways!  

Contributor

I already have the beautiful Bird of Paradise hefty  6 quart stand mixer which I absolutely love, but would love to get the mini but I haven't seen it available in Ocean Drive.   Hoping one day it does  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

To the original poster:

I have the red KA mini mixer purchased from Bed & Bath. You probably don't bake and cook the way I do, but, I'll tell you why I wanted a 2nd mixer in the kitchen.

OK, mainly because it frees me up from having to stand there with a mixer in my hands when I could be tending to the big mixer and busy with retrieving ingredients out of the pantry, refrigerator, etc. I only use a hand mixer for quick mixing hold it down in the sink to keep hot potatoes from splashing out all over the place.

When you have a recipe that calls for whipping egg whites as your mixing the main ingredients for like , say, waffles, I have the mini doing the egg whites while I"m throwing flour, sugar, salt, buttermilk, baking pwd in the big bowl. Try to get it all done at the same time.

It's like having a helper in the kitchen when you have a 2nd mixer helping you. If all your doing is using a box mix every now and again you can get by with a KA or Cuisinart hand mixer.

Regular Contributor

Love my stand mix. I've had it for about 20 years and still works and looks like the day I got it. One of the things I like most about it is it's hands free. I'm not holding the bowl and the mixer. Another thing is it's a workhorse. I use it all the time not just in baking. My favorite is making mac and cheese. A hand mixer chops up the noodles, but the flat head beater on low does not. I have a small kitchen and very little counter space. I keep my mixer out. It takes a lot for an appliance to get space on my counter, but my KA mixer is the jewel. Don't know about the mini. I have the tilt head model.